Rimless Biocube 29 Build!

MrHarvard

"ship it"
So I am finally moving forward with my new nano tank. I have a 29 biocube that I have made rimless and a black RJ stand. The tank will be a BB SPS tank with minimal LR. For lighting I will be using a DIY led that I recently built. I'm mixing water tonight and adding rock tomorrow. I upgraded the return pump to a maxi jet 1200 and I just ordered a new wp10 for flow and will probably be adding 1 more wp10. I can' wait to get this thing going. I will post pics over the next few days of my progress.

Well after a very eventful year the build has began. The tank has been up and running for about a week now. I will only be keeping the white rock you see in the pick. The little coralline covered piece is just to seed the tank it will eventually be taken out.

It's been a while since I've updated my build and I have changed quite a bit. I had to do away with the bonsai tree rock scape because it was just to large and wouldn't give any of my acros room to grow out. I also changed lighting and went with a AI Prime led due to my DIY being to much for the tank. I'm currently manually dosing Ca. And Alk and adding kalk to my ATO.Im very happy with everything up to this point, all my acros are encrusting and coloring up nicely. I added the following equipment and livestock;

Equipment:
IM Minimax desk top reactor
Tunze 9001 skimmer
AI Prime Led
Tunze ATO
WP 10 Powerhead
Tunze Powerhead

Livestock:
Garf bonsai
Incredible Hulk
Sunset Milli
Purple Milli
ORA Redplanet
ORA SSC
ORA Blue Tort
ORA Birdsnest
Paletta Pink Tip
Pink Lemonade
Raspberry Limeade
RR Asia Orange Passion
RR Asia Wonderland
SCC Stardust Tenuis
SCC Purple Poison
SCC Sunkist Milli
Forest Fire Digi
Green Milli
Xfactor Cap
Unnamed Green Acro
Flamethrower Mushroom
green Yuma Ric.
2 Wyoming White Clowns
Orchid Dottyback

I'll try and snap some photos later but it pretty much looks like a frag tank at this point. I can't wait for all the acros to start growing out.

It's been a while since I've updated my build and I have changed quite a bit. I had to do away with the bonsai tree rock scape because it was just to large and wouldn't give any of my acros room to grow out. I also changed lighting and went with a AI Prime led due to my DIY being to much for the tank. I'm currently manually dosing Ca. And Alk and adding kalk to my ATO.Im very happy with everything up to this point, all my acros are encrusting and coloring up nicely. I added the following equipment and livestock;

Equipment:
IM Minimax desk top reactor
Tunze 9001 skimmer
AI Prime Led
Tunze ATO
WP 10 Powerhead
Tunze Powerhead

Livestock:
Garf bonsai
Incredible Hulk
Sunset Milli
Purple Milli
ORA Redplanet
ORA SSC
ORA Blue Tort
ORA Birdsnest
Paletta Pink Tip
Pink Lemonade
Raspberry Limeade
RR Asia Orange Passion
RR Asia Wonderland
SCC Stardust Tenuis
SCC Purple Poison
SCC Sunkist Milli
Forest Fire Digi
Green Milli
Xfactor Cap
Unnamed Green Acro
Flamethrower Mushroom
green Yuma Ric.
2 Wyoming White Clowns
Orchid Dottyback

I'll try and snap some photos later but it pretty much looks like a frag tank at this point. I can't wait for all the acros to start growing out.

Holy crap that's a lot of coral in that tank.....pics please

Crappy pic but the best I can do right now..I'll get some better ones soon! Oh and disregard the pump in the bottom left corner of the pic, I put it in the tank every few days to make sure nothing settles on the bottom under the rocks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
Figured I would post an update since its been a while. I have added several new Acros and shrooms since my last update as well as a 2nd AI Prime LED. The tank was set up around 6 months ago and I have finally got it dialed in. I had a few ALK and PO4 swings along the way but everything is now coloring up and growing like crazy! The amount of coralline growth I have gotten in 6 months is insane. I'm also blown away by the amount of 2 part I have to dose daily. Here are a few crappy cell phone pics.

5e0b465aae447ce6ed4f8de0a20794d1.jpg

027c80a5df403339294fd9bdf2d40718.jpg

Back