Rimless Biocube 29 Build!

Your set up looks nice and you got an impressive mushroom collection.. how are t uh e primes working for you ?

Thanks for the kind words!! I just started the my mushroom obsession and I stay on the hunt for nice ones! I have several that you can't even see in this pic. I just picked up a few more that are pretty awesome. I'll try and snap some pics soon. In regards to the Primes I am loving them. When I just had the one it was doing fairly good job but I was limited on where I could keep my acros and the color wasn't near as good as it is now that I added the 2nd one.

What are you using for flow? Trying to an idea for mine.

I'm currently running 1 WP10 WM1 highest setting shortest pause and 1 Tunze don't recall the model number right now. It's the one size up from the nano. I was running an additional WP10 but took it off line when I started adding more shrooms. I also upgraded the return to a MJ1200 and split return with lock line. Keep in mind my tank is BB and was set up for SPS so definitely more flow than a softie/LPS tank would need.

Keep in mind my tank is BB and was set up for SPS so definitely more flow than a softie/LPS tank would need.[/QUOTE] I got ya, I did realize that it is BB and sps I was thinking about rw-4 but many people have said that it pushed more than the wp-10. I guess the settings are different. Anyhow I'm going to do a little more research. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for sharing! As the owner of a heavily modded biocube, I love to see the directions other people go when they upgrade these systems and make them SPS friendly.

Can't wait to see this thing grown out!

Almost at 9 months now and tank running really well. Took the skimmer off line due to water being to clean. I think my shroom addiction is catching up with my acro addiction..lol...still haven't gotten a decent camera so here are a few crappy cell pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 0
I have taken photos by putting my sunglasses in front of my camera they are the uv blocking Costa style glasses but cheap Wal-Mart price .....they help cut down the blue that the camera picks up on

Sorry MrHarvard not trying to thread Jack.
First pic is regular camera shot ...
second pic is with sunglasses in front of the lens....
Maybe this will save you on buying gels

Attachments

• IMG_20151129_145921.jpg
    IMG_20151129_145921.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20151129_145931.jpg
    IMG_20151129_145931.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
Back