RO/DI Plumping

scmelik

*I am going to preface the post with the fact that I know next to nothing about RO/DI filters and have never seen one in person so this may end up being a really stupid question*

I have been reading alot on here about the "waste" water that an RO/DI unit produces, not really waste because its useful in other application. As I was sitting at work today I got thinking about ways to efficiently use that waste water without having it go into a bucket or other means of capture but rather have it plumped directly back into the houses plumbing to be used wither when doing the dishes or taking a shower etc. etc. essentially running your entire house water needs on an waste RO/DI water. For a family that would probably not work as the water consumption is just to high but for a single guy like myself I think it might be possible.

Assuming that I am planning on running a 125-150 gallon DT with an ATO setup like I have seen some other do on here, is it efficient or worthwhile to plump your water line directly to the RO/DI unit make the water for the tank and then have the waste water run back into the plumbing to be used throughout the rest of the house?

well first off the waste water is very hard water and you would usually not want to use the hard water for any thing practical, second the pressure of your home plumbing is greater than that of the waste water line from the RO membrane, the back pressure,i would assume, would destroy the membrane

well first off the waste water is very hard water and you would usually not want to use the hard water for any thing practical, second the pressure of your home plumbing is greater than that of the waste water line from the RO membrane, the back pressure,i would assume, would destroy the membrane

thanks for the info, I guess my great idea wasn't such a great idea :lolspin::lolspin:

Back