Re-routing Waste RO Water so Minimal Water Wasteage ? ?

First, trees do need water during winter. Below the freeze line the roots store it for the spring. Second what's wrong using it in the washing machine? If you don't want to waste it, don't worry about how you use it. Just use it.

Last edited:
First, trees do need water during winter. Below the freeze line the roots store it for the spring. Second what's wrong using it in the washing machine? If you don't want to waste it, don't worry about how you use it. Just use it.
Hiya, I live near the sea, tbe ground is very wet and we have a high water table. No need to water anything in winter. Thanks for the insights.
It is still potable. It is the same water you drink and not dangerous.
Yeah I know - just have to find the way that works for me !
That is the best time, as roots grow during the winter. Trees grow up in spring, down in fall... :D
as said, high water table. No need to water in the winter plus the dogs eaten all the dog safe plants , shrubs - now he’s started on the trees too 🤣

Last edited:
Maybe a good poly tank from farm supply (hundred or three gallons) and small pump - store and use in warmer months for garden, etc. I am considering this - I have drip irrigation for 10 hanging baskets and a larger raised bed garden. Only thing stopping me is where to put the tank that will not expose me to the wrath of the warden... and what to do with it in winter, though freezing would likely be fine as long as there is enough head space.

Last edited:
Good point about feeding plants using wastewater! I feel like I should have been doing this... ha!

Hiya, I live near the sea, tbe ground is very wet and we have a high water table. No need to water anything in winter. Thanks for the insights.

Yeah I know - just have to find the way that works for me !

as said, high water table. No need to water in the winter plus the dogs eaten all the dog safe plants , shrubs - now he’s started on the trees too 🤣
So you think your high water table reaches your roots of your trees? LOL...:LOL:

So you think your high water table reaches your roots of your trees?
Sorry, am I missing something ? You’re not a Pedologist are you by any chance ? Or have a nice collection of minerals on your sideboard ? Please explain. And as I live in England where all it does is rain especially in winter I’d look pretty bloody stupid with me watering can watering trees and such in the rain.

Back