RO DI troubleshooting

five.five-six

On my way out the door this morning, I went to fill my ATO container and found that my brute reservoir was only 1/2 full, There was enough for me to siphon 5 gallons out to put in my ATO container but it seem that my RO DI just stopped makeing water a few days ago.

I checked all the valves and the are open, even closed and opened them just to check. I opened the membrane flush valve and I could hear the water run through it. I disconnected the PE tubing from the float valve on the brute but no water came out and that was the end of my troubleshooting before I had to leave for work.

I suspect the ASO but before I order one, I'd like to see if there is anything else I might order. There is only 5 gal in my ATO container and I evaporate 15 gal a week so I need this fixed in 3 days on the outside

Thanks for the help.

A good start is to remove the ASOV valve from the system and see if you get good water.. It not keep tracing back to find the source of the blockage..

A good start is to remove the ASOV valve from the system and see if you get good water.. It not keep tracing back to find the source of the blockage..

Well, WP is getting to the flush valve so that pretty much rules out everything from the flush valve back to the water source and the ASO is along that path.

So, I just took my ASO valve apart and cleaned it with vinegar. The parts all looked good but it was cruded up. There are only only 6 parts but there seems to be about 5 ways to put it back together (my model) but lucky one way fit better than the others and I’m back to making water again :)

Back