RO/DI Unit

The thing to be careful of with that one is the replacement filters. I doubt that little DI stage is going to last long, and it doesn't look like it will refill like the normal ones. Plus, the carbon and sediment filters aren't a standard size, so you will likely have to buy those directly from this manufacturer. I would research those prices before I bought the unit for sure.

Just as a matter of record, I am not a fan of the horizontal DI stage either, but that is personal opinion and not necessarily science.

i agree with disc 1 he is one of the better reefers on here with a lot of knowledge A++++

Yea I would buy the nonportable setup. The filters are easier to find. I bought the 150 from that company and the only thing I don't like is the horizontal DI chamber, like disc1 said, but thats an easy fix and the price is right for sure. I have had no problems with the quality of the equipment so far and its been about 2 years. Plus that "portable one" is going to be harder to carry around than the hanging setup. Thoes white clamps slide around a lot and it would be easier to carry around one that has a bracket and less clamps.

+1 on Disc post.

Do yourself a favor and price every replacement filter in that unit and then compare to other more standard type of systems that you will see used on this site.

Back