RO/DI Units from EBAY which one??

I have the second one you listed with the double DI. I've been using it for about 8 months now, still have a 0 TDS and only about 1/5 of the resin in the first DI is spent. I see many claiming that you should spend hundreds more on a unit that does the same thing but I still haven't heard a convincing argument why. I use it to do monthly water changes and my kalk drip for a 75gal, I evaporate a little more than 1 gal/day.

Thanks for the input guys.
How do you set these up for an auto top off to your sump?
Anyone have any ideas?

you can use a float valve, but you run the risk of it failing and either not refilling, or continually dumping ro water into your sump. they sell double float valve systems so you have a fail safe

I bought the first one for $99 and man what a horror story. I did a post on it somewhere. If I was you I would spent an extra $60 and get one from airwaterice.com you will get cleaner water with there 75gph membrane 98% removal instead on 90% with the 100 and 125gph membranes. Also much better parts and build and the savings part comes in the fact that mine wastes only 1 to 3.5 in water versus 1 to 4.5 that I got with the Filterdirect model.

Back