Rock Scaping Conceptualization tools

FraggledRock

So I was up all night rescaping my tank, but I felt there had to be a better way.

SO instead of takin rock sin and out, I felt I could try and use some technology aka Photoshop to play around with shapes and see if I can create something appealing on screen before i go back and keep messing with the rocks

here are some ideas:

You could also take some pictures of your actual rock, isolate them in photoshop, then stack them to see what kinds of shapes you can actually make with what you have. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me though. I usually just do it on the fly though, it looks less contrived that way in my opinion.

You could also take some pictures of your actual rock, isolate them in photoshop, then stack them to see what kinds of shapes you can actually make with what you have. Sounds like a lot of trouble to me though. I usually just do it on the fly though, it looks less contrived that way in my opinion.

good point of the rocks but on the fly may be better.

i just cant seem to land a design i really enjoy. there's always the feeling that something is lacking (probably corals lol)

good point of the rocks but on the fly may be better.

i just cant seem to land a design i really enjoy. there's always the feeling that something is lacking (probably corals lol)

Corals make all the difference. Some of the best looking tanks have very uninteresting lumps of rockscapes underneath.

Back