RODI question.

poweraid

I'm looking at purchasing a RODI unit from Bulk reef supply. in the past i have just used salt water from a LFS but after moving that is no longer an option. I was looking at the 5 stage plus unit. it says it can produce 75 gal. per day. does it take a full day to produce 75 gal. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

It will depend on your water pressure as well. Mine is low and I make about 10g every 3 hours. If u buy there kit do the build it yourself and mimic the kit but you can opt out of some of the unneeded parts. I bought the same unit and saved about $50 doing it that way.

Bul Reef Supply has a $5 off coupon today. I am just about to order the 75gal. home unit today. Gotta have some justification to drop that much money besides the tank....LOL

Here are some things to look for in a good system for this hobby:

No more than 4 stages (sediment, carbon, RO, DI) unless you have specific water quality issues you want to address
Standard-sized prefilters, membrane, and DI cartridge
Brand name, high-rejection membrane
Specifications provided for each stage
Pressure gauge after the prefilters and before the membrane
Thermometer
TDS meter (handheld or in-line)
DI bypass
Vertical DI stage
Refillable DI cartridge
Aluminum bracket
Quick connect fittings
No water from pressurized storage container delivered to DI
Flush valve
Clear housings
High-quality instructions written in clear English
Customer support before, during, and after your purchase
A vendor involved in your hobby

Russ

I'm looking at purchasing a RODI unit from Bulk reef supply. in the past i have just used salt water from a LFS but after moving that is no longer an option. I was looking at the 5 stage plus unit. it says it can produce 75 gal. per day. does it take a full day to produce 75 gal. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

i bought the 5stage plus from BRS and i love it! and for $200! Its about $100 cheaper than anywhere else and the 75gpd number is great for low or standard pressures you will not go wrong with it! and a 5 stage is just better filtration! I highly recommend the BRS 5 stage plus RO/DI system! U will not regret! and their systems are made of high quality products, and come with a lot of diff parts to hook up to almost any water source! plus free shipping and no tax! :)

I was pretty much sold on the 5 stage plus before posting here. Seems to be great quality plus i love all of the videos for how to install the RODI unit. It comes with all of the needed hardware to install including a TDS meter and as Mixed Reef pointed out free shipping! Thanks for all of the input everyone.

Yup i bought their 5 stage 75 gpd plus system and its great! it came in the mail and pretty much plug and play with this thing. also i like the fact they give you multiple options to tap into a water source.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS UNIT!

Back