Rodi

Dbaron

I'm interested in buying RODI system. Are they worth it if not making my own saltwater? Thanks in advance

How big is your tank? i think its pretty much a necessity unless you run a nano tank. Its nice to be able to make salt water and top off water at your convienience. if you have RODI, definitely make your own saltwater. I bought a nice unit from air water ice, it was around $140 total.

Yeah that size I would def find a rodi system. Too pricey to buy premade saltwater. Especially at your tank size. That and you always have topoff water handy with it.

wow, im kind of amazed you havent needed a RODI now. What are you doing for water right now? are you using sea water and jugs for top off?

I'm new to hobby and haven't started my tank yet. I was just gonna buy water from the store. But I'm guessing that's not such a good idea? Lol

to fill a 125 with LFS water will cost you, the RODI will pay for itself in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to hobby and haven't started my tank yet. I was just gonna buy water from the store. But I'm guessing that's not such a good idea? Lol

gonna take a lot of trips to fill up a 125 just to get it cycled...then prob need to replace about 1/2 once done...looking at roughly $180 just in water, plus containers that run about $5 a pop for a 5 gallon.

you can get a RODI for $150, plus a box of salt to make 200g of water for $40, so $190 initial cost. pretty much a break even just to setup the tank and get it going, so your break point is going to be right away

gonna take a lot of trips to fill up a 125 just to get it cycled...then prob need to replace about 1/2 once done...looking at roughly $180 just in water, plus containers that run about $5 a pop for a 5 gallon.

you can get a RODI for $150, plus a box of salt to make 200g of water for $40, so $190 initial cost. pretty much a break even just to setup the tank and get it going, so your break point is going to be right away

I hear ya, the only concern I have is if I have enough room for 2 big trash cans lol

I would use basic IO Salt to cycle the tank with a dead shrimp or tims bacteria then you could upgrade to a better salt, dose 2 Part etc if you want...sign up BRS they have RODI and good deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advice in here! Definitely start with the cheaper salt I/O salt. I used my ro/di more in tge first 6 months, than the last 1.5 years. So definitely I was a water changing wizard in the beginning. Probably why we had a drought in florida year and half ago. Lol

Great advice in here! Definitely start with the cheaper salt I/O salt. I used my ro/di more in tge first 6 months, than the last 1.5 years. So definitely I was a water changing wizard in the beginning. Probably why we had a drought in florida year and half ago. Lol

Lol. How much did it affect your water bill?

water is cheap, look at your bill and see how much you pay per 1,000 gallons...we're talking very very small amount of that. if you spend $10 on water for your tank in a year i'd be surprised.

I have city water and worst case leaving rodi on overnight and running out garage , was about 70.00 bucks
My bill with 4 of us and a wc a month maybe 20 gal. And 35 gal of top off runs me 52 a month. I have leaky faucets ive been fixing too though. Just recently.

Back