Roll Call: South Bay Reefers

Hey. Weren't you at my tank shut down party in Torrance a few years back?

Yep I was there Ramon. It was great meeting you that day. I lost the SPS frags soon after but I still have a ton of your zoas (purple centers with green skirts). Let me know if you want some back or just want to meet up sometime. Looks like there are more South Bay reefers than I thought.

John

Yep I was there Ramon. It was great meeting you that day. I lost the SPS frags soon after but I still have a ton of your zoas (purple centers with green skirts). Let me know if you want some back or just want to meet up sometime. Looks like there are more South Bay reefers than I thought.

John

Thanks John. Got pics of the Zoas to refresh my memory?
I have some SPS frags for you if you want them. Let me know.
If you don't want them I'll offer em up to some of the locals on here instead. They are forest fire digi, ponape birds nest, and some browned out acro colony that's been sitting on my sandbed for a couple months.

San Pedro here!

I actually know about a dozen reefers in Palos verdes, torrance and lomita. only a couple are on the forums. I know there are like 4 within a 1 mile radius of mike (solitude).

Were you at Pierces house when we were moving his tank?
I only know of 1 other reefer next to Mike but he doesn't come on here often. If more don't show up here I'm gonna start driving around the neighborhood at night looking for glowing lights carrying a bag of frags. :)

Were you at Pierces house when we were moving his tank?
I only know of 1 other reefer next to Mike but he doesn't come on here often. If more don't show up here I'm gonna start driving around the neighborhood at night looking for glowing lights carrying a bag of frags. :)

Hey yea, I didn't know you were MRsandman lol. Usually people know each other online and never see each other in person. I met you in person and didn't know you online lol

And yea right around Mike is a Wienerschnitzel and a guy named oscar lives on that block and on the other side of sepulveda a friend named A.J.

Roll Call: South Bay Reefers

Lol. How about posting a pic of your new setup? ;).

By the way, I still have your Apex base unit! Want me to drop it off this weekend?

Nah, tanks are still ugly right now, need more time for the corals to grow in a bit.

No hurry ion the Apex, going to be running around this weekend, boy's baseball season have started.

Last edited:
Good to see you're still around.

Yes, still at it Mike. Always a work in progress. My home tank has been stable for a while now. Setting up the nano tank at work has got me researching and reading a lot again.

Thanks John. Got pics of the Zoas to refresh my memory?
I have some SPS frags for you if you want them. Let me know.
If you don't want them I'll offer em up to some of the locals on here instead. They are forest fire digi, ponape birds nest, and some browned out acro colony that's been sitting on my sandbed for a couple months.

Sure Ramon. I'll pm you for your cell so I can text you a pic of the zoas. I have some bubble tip anemones, 2 types of hammer coral, and some orange ricordias/yumas too if you'd like some.

Sorry to threadjack but any South Bayers have some nano-sized rock and live sand that I can pick up? Just looking for 5-10 Ibs to jumpstart my nano. Thanks.

Seems like most of the reefers in this forum are either from the OC, the IE or the SGV. I hardly see anyone from the SB. When I say SB I mean, who actually has their tank located in the South Bay. I know there are a lot of you guys that drive through the area due to work, friends or family but I'm more interested in those that have tanks here. By South Bay I'm talking about those cities as far north as El Segundo and as far south as San Pedro and as far east as Lawndale or Hawthorne. Most of the South Bay reefers that I knew years back are now out of the hobby. How many are left?

Feel free to chime in and state where you are and some tank specs. Maybe you'll make a friend or two, and get a frag or more out of it. ;)

I'll start...... I'm in RPV. I have a roughly 112g 36"x36"x20" SPS dominated tank lit by T5's.

Anyone else?

Why do you cutoff Gardena? I like to be considered SB also lol. Even though I'm still more east and borderline Compton. 6'24"24" in Gardena currently in coral reboot

Sorry. Didn't mean to cutoff Gardena.
We should definitely plan for a SB meetup.

With Jims now moved, there is only 1 remaining reef LFS in the SB now in Aquatic Fantasy in Redondo Beach. What stores is everyone visiting nowadays?

Back