Rose BTA split

ReefRacer

My RBTA split Friday. I noticed it had moved into the rockwork which was concerning, and then Saturday I thought I saw 2 feet, one on each side of a rock but wasn't sure. This morning one half had crawled out and the clownfish was in it. I bet the fish was freaked out - the anenome looked pretty ragged and torn up. The only thing I cant figure out is how Nemo decided which half he wanted to claim.
Is there anything I need to do at this point for the anenomes?
I attribute the splitting to the fact that I finally figured out what the thing likes to eat and then did consecutive weekly water changes.
Mike

I'd run some carbon to remove some of the nasties. Aside from that, it is a waiting game for the two halves to reform their mouths and start acting like normal again. Don't be surprised if one of them goes for a walk. When mine split, one half inevitably went walking, though typically not too far.

Two splits in less than 3 weeks?! Is that normal? I thought they only split that often if they were stressed. Then again, I don't know much yet. I'm still very much in the learning phase.

-Kevin

I was pretty amazed myself. I waited until it looked like it had a stomach formed and then fed it. It split the next day. I don't know if it stressed or not. Fish and coral seem happy. It tends to hide from the HQI 250's.
Mike

Back