Rossmont Movers and Waver

Rhodesholar

I don't see a lot mentioned on this product and I wanted to make mention of it if anyone was considering this company and their products.

I initially picked up two Rossmont MX3000 movers and a Waver controller. I have to say I am quite impressed with this company and their products. First off the Rossmont movers absolutely destroy the Hydor 3rd gen series. I had two Hydors rated at 2450gph in my 72 and you could barely tell they were on. The Rossmont MX3000 movers though are a little larger at 3000gph absolutely destroyed the Hydors in water movement. At 100% the 2 MX3000s were on the verge of being two much in my tank. Yes I like a lot of water movement and I have since picked up two Rossmont MX4100s and I will explain in a moment why because if the MX3000 were to much the 4100s should be complete overkill.

Out of the box I had some trouble getting my Waver controller updated and working. Rossmont technical support was excellent answering my emails the next day and they sent me a firmware update which fixed my issues and got me up and running with the Waver.

Now the cool thing and why I went with the MX4100s. With the waver controller you can control the movers to do virtually anything you want for the most part and one of the settings is the power adjustment of the movers. Because two MX4100 movers would naturally be two big for my tank at full power using the app I can dial down the power on them to whatever I want. So this way having that large of power heads I can dial in exactly how much flow I want and take it right up to the edge leaving me overhead just in case or if I ever upgrade to a larger tank.

If anyone has been on the fence about Rossmont I would definitely have say give em go.

I had never heard of them before. Thanks for posting. I just watched the BRS review and they certainly look promising.

Any long-term users out there wanna chime in before I spend all my $$$?

They also have a great warranty. The Waver Master controller is warrantied for 2 years and the movers (power heads) are warrantied for 3.

I hate to sound like a salesman for them but for what you get for the price I think thus far is a great value.

Good point though. We'll see long term how it all holds up. I used Hydor for a long time and they lost me as a customer when my Magnum series heads puked out in about two years and the new Gen3's are complete garbage. That started me looking for something else and I stumbled onto Rossmont. I looked at offerings like Tunze etc. and I am just not going to pay that when I got what I wanted for a fraction of the cost. Also these heads are small and for their size put out a lot of flow.

The only draw back is that you can't run the Rossmont movers on a regular timer by the way they are designed. To control them you have to use their Waver Master controller but the thing gives you so much control over the heads it's worth it to me.

It's very rare for me when something exceeds my expectations and this company and their products thus far has.

Anyone interested I posted the links for reference

https://www.rossmont.com/us/products-us/mover.html

https://www.rossmont.com/us/products-us/waver.html

Last edited:
Back