Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

I think anyone who was thinking of getting a Vertex won't after reading this thread... They'd be afraid of getting a black eye with the skimmer! Who would've thought a skimmer could cause a knock down, drag out fight!:uzi: :hmm4: :hammer: :fun2: :blown:

I hope not. They are good skimmers, but you only see the drama about the ones that don't work quite right, and not much about the vast majority that do.

My 170 doesn't have the surging problem or the water leaking out of the hole the airline goes through. It is very sensitive to minute changes, but it skims like a monster, so I can deal with it. Overall I'm very happy!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660190#post15660190 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crab0000
My 170 doesn't have the surging problem or the water leaking out of the hole the airline goes through. It is very sensitive to minute changes, but it skims like a monster, so I can deal with it. Overall I'm very happy!
Thanks! You are a glimmer of hope! I REALLY want to be VERY happy with this skimmer! It's my 4th skimmer in 2 years and I wouldn't even know where to turn for a good skimmer after this!

I have no anger. You can make my voice any way you want that is up to you. I'm not even a little upset with the little henery or BIGtex. Sharing ones experience isn't negativity. You only think it is because it's not your personal experience.
Why should I pay to ship skimmers back and forth because of warranty issues? Seems to me I shouldn;t have too. Once maybe. Too ship mine back and pay for it and then ship jeremy's back to him and maybe even mine or a new one back to me doesn't make sense. Jeremy did send me a label to ship mine back but it's coming out of my refund. I am greatful he agreed to do it for me to save me some money.
Forums are so people can discuss issues whether good or bad. You can't get ****ed because someone has a different experience than you do. If you do then maybe a grow up is in order.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15658297#post15658297 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by subman719
I'm starting to think that instead of re-inventing the wheel, they should have just kept the standard Bubble King designs and just tried cone bodies on them but keep everything else the same. That may have worked better!

you have to remember that this is a Vertex cone design not a Royal Exclusive design.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660292#post15660292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by robthorn
Forums are so people can discuss issues whether good or bad. You can't get ****ed because someone has a different experience than you do. If you do then maybe a grow up is in order.
I didn't get upset by our different experience, I got upset that you told me to "stop thinking" when I said "I don't think.."

Your comment to "stop thinking" was uncalled for.

Then you follow-up with a comment that I/we should grow up?

You should have quit commenting rather than make things worse with more insults.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660292#post15660292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by robthorn
I have no anger. You can make my voice any way you want that is up to you. I'm not even a little upset with the little henery or BIGtex. Sharing ones experience isn't negativity. You only think it is because it's not your personal experience.
Why should I pay to ship skimmers back and forth because of warranty issues? Seems to me I shouldn;t have too. Once maybe. Too ship mine back and pay for it and then ship jeremy's back to him and maybe even mine or a new one back to me doesn't make sense. Jeremy did send me a label to ship mine back but it's coming out of my refund. I am greatful he agreed to do it for me to save me some money.

Wow, you have to pay for the shipping!!!! That sucks big time. Every company that I have ever ordered goods through and had a warranty issue with has always covered shipping, fish related or not. I feel the same way about the shipping issue. SORRY bud. Skimmers are not cheap to be shipping left and right.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660404#post15660404 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by eran
you have to remember that this is a Vertex cone design not a Royal Exclusive design.
I know it's a "Vertex" but when I read the product description, I felt confident that it was the best, being built by Royal. Here's what I read:

Brand new line of cone protein skimmers from Royal Exclusiv, maker of famous Bubble King protein Skimmers and Red Dragon water pumps.

PROTEIN SKIMMERS/INTERNAL

Unquestionably, there must be no concessions when it comes to engineering and producing the finest aquarium equipment. Only by these convictions can performance be pushed beyond expectations. Vertex Aquaristikâ„¢, in association with Royal Exclusiv, brings to you the next stage of evolution in high-performance Saltwater management. Crediting to its ultramodern design and differentiating features, this top model clearly distinguishes from competition.

PEERLESS IN ITS CLASS

This is the Protein Skimmer you have been waiting for. The revolutionary conical body paired with the refinement of the Red Dragon pump creates a potent combination of exceptional waste extraction, whisper quiet operation and low-impact energy conservation. The precision construction from the highest quality materials coalesces together in a form that is both durable and being feature-rich. These meticulous attentions to design result in an execution that is conclusively untouchable.

I hope you can understand how my expectations were BEYOND the stars!!!

whatever..:rolleyes: I think that was a very generous offer by Jeremy to swap yours out with a known good one, but now you'll never know.

eran, they aren't swapping out with him. He is returning his skimmer for a refund. That is why they are charging him return shipping. They offered him one that is known to work but he refused.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660463#post15660463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigtex52
whatever..:rolleyes: I think that was a very generous offer by Jeremy to swap yours out with a known good one, but now you'll never know.
how is it generous when you buy something new and it doesn't work so you can get it swapped out with a used one? I wouldn't be happy with that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660507#post15660507 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vanillagorila
how is it generous when you buy something new and it doesn't work so you can get it swapped out with a used one? I wouldn't be happy with that.
I have to agree! My last skimmer from a few months ago was an Octopus Extreme 300 with defective Sicce pumps. I asked for NEW pumps and they sent me two USED pumps... I WAS ****ED!!! I paid $500 for that damn P.O.S!!!

pretty darn generous when you are making public claims on the vendor forum that the 200s are POS. (his words, not mine) They could have just told him to take a hike, but they didn't, And how old would the "used" one be? Maybe 4 to 6 weeks old? Certainly not worn out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660574#post15660574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigtex52
Vanilla, used doesn't mean like that H&S you were trying to sell :p :D
Hey, don't jump on me. I believe Jeremy is doing all he can, the manufacturer should be the one replacing it. The H&S I sold was used and I sold it for $1000 off retail. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660602#post15660602 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigtex52
I sold one about the same time. I feel your pain, brotha! :)
yeah, I know. yours was in great shape. they are great skimmers, just everyone is on the cone craze now.

I think I'm still holding some hostility from my Octopus experience... Sorry :(

I do have much more hope for the 170 though because it IS the best quality skimmer and pump I've had yet!

Hi,
Just to share my experience with my 3 weeks old Alpha 200 in a 3 weeks old system. The system is 115 gallons total and a very low bioload. It is running at 9.5" with the gray nozzle and wedge pipe 85% closed. I am very happy with the performance so far.

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQDpLkAIu-g

BTW my first post in RC:D

Pedro

Back