Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

The Alphas are made in Germany by RE.

Page 24 of the thread before the split. Klaus shows some new machinery in pictures and mentions that they had to purchase new/more machinery and hire more help in order to keep up with demand for the Alpha skimmers.

Guys, the bickering back and forth needs to end immediately. The bottom line is that Rob could not get his skimmer to work in his system, no matter what he did. I have a feeling that there is something wrong with it, especially since it's pulling 400 - 600LPH under what it's supposed to. He will be getting a full refund, and with no deduction for shipping charges. Once I receive it I will take a look at the unit and find out what is going on.

We have managed to clutter up 3 1/2 pages of arguing. This thread is already very big and hard to read because of the size. Please get it back on track from here on out.

The skimmer's are completely manufactured in Germany, with the exception of the mold for the body, which was built in China. The body is NOT built in China, just the mold that is used to form it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi ...

the Thermoforming molds are manufactured in Germany...
the Vaccum-thermoformed Bodys are made in Germany...
the Assembling was made in Cologne/Germany...
the Pumpperformance was made by Royal-Eclusiv-Germany..
the Vertex-Cones are made from Royal-Exclusiv for our Customer, Proline-Aquatics.
He is the Owner of the Toolings and CNC-Programms. So all the Rights of Design, CNC-Programms, the Toolings and Technlogies are under Property from our Customer, Proline-Aquatics.

Only the Titanium-Screws on the Vertex-Cones, are comming from China. We ordert it by a German Company, and the Invoices comming from a German Company, or i now, it comming from China. He comming in best Quality.

Hope. it clear the Manufacturing.... .. China is a great Country and we love the chinese Cultur and peoples. We now any Manufacturers in China, but it is not the Future of Royal-Exclusiv, for manufacturing our Skimmer-Products in China. Yes, we can do it,... it is a lot chepaer there as in Germany, thats not the Question. If the Customer want HighTech Products, it comming allway from Europe or USA. Thats Fact. I never see a new revolutionary-invention from our chinese Competitors in the Skimmer-Industry.

For the 170´s surging Problem : ... we designed a new Needlewheel and maybe a new, adjustable nozzle. It was ready his week and we send it quick to USA.
Sorry for the Trouble......we testing the 170´s many months in a saltwatertank and it running perfect. Or it is the Truth, it is completly different Story, so the Products go to the Customers. A lot of different thinks wait on the Skimmers. We working on a solution for the surging Problem on the 170´s. It was hard, for reducing the Pumpperformance on the Mini Red Dragonpumps for the small 170´s Cones.....

best regards....

Last edited:
sweet I am actually glad I was told wrong. Thanks for clearing the china issue up.
Thanks jeremy for the shipping update. The change is much appreciated.

Hey Jeremy/Klaus,
I was wondering how can I get in line for a new needlewheel? I can try and take some video of the surging, or whatever is needed.

I stand corrected, the molds are not made in China, thanks Klaus!

Husky_1, once I get it tested, and we have it finalized that is what we will be doing then I'll make sure the few of you on here get new impellers. Keep in mind that I am not able to send any replacement / warranty parts to those who did not purchase through Premium Aquatics.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I was reading an email from Jeremy that my skimmer A250 would be in around the end of September :( some other stuff shipped out yesterday 9/10. I checked the tracking number and it said delivered 9/11 5:56pm so i go down and look. While i was typing the email to Jeremy to say thanks, David Ragan did a drive by no door bell no knock there it set. That was :smokin: FAST. Thats 24 hours turn around from ship to deliverey I can't wait for the A250 to get in :D than I'll be:rollface: Thanks Jeremy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15665480#post15665480 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
Husky_1, once I get it tested, and we have it finalized that is what we will be doing then I'll make sure the few of you on here get new impellers. Keep in mind that I am not able to send any replacement / warranty parts to those who did not purchase through Premium Aquatics.
[/B]

Please add me to the list. Do you need my order number Jeremy?

Whats the word with new impellor Jeremy?
These microbubbles are driving me crazy!
Let me know.
Thank You

Wd40.....
you having problem with microbubbles coming out from output?
is that what they call suring???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15695741#post15695741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kvmn
Wd40.....
you having problem with microbubbles coming out from output?
is that what they call suring???
I believe his microbubble problem is different from the surging. Since I moved my nozzle out to compensate for my surging problem, I now have microbubbles coming out of the exhaust pipe. The whole skimmer works on mircrobubbles but when you have too much airflow, the bubbles go too far below the bubble plate and come out of the exhaust. Here's a link to my skimmer with the "surging" problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UcnVnClrFM

Hope this helps and for anyone who is more knowledgeable with this, please feel free to correct me.

Microbubbles will not be fixed by anything other than decreasing the air draw, and increasing the water flow. Is there anyway you can get a photo of the microbubbles? Every skimmer out there will produce some microbubbles out of the output. I do not know of one single design on the market that doesn't. If you're getting a bunch of microbubbles / particulate in your tank, then this is most likely a result of something else, and not the skimmer.

FYI, there is no list yet or anything for a 170 update. I have not received the impeller or other items yet to try. I should be getting a call today from Klaus to get an update on everything he shipped to me, and tracking on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy thanx for the update.
As for the surging question. the answer is no my skimmer actually skims very well!
However, I have ALOT of microbubbles coming out of the output. My skimmer is running in 9'' and is running the 59mm nozzle. Should I be running @ something else???
I had a couple of people come over my house this weekend Jeremy and they also saw the microbubbles and commented on it. They run BK MINI's and said they have ZERO bubbles.
Im really getting TIRED and ****ED about these micrbubbles cause there going in my display!
I know its not your fault Jeremy, cause u didnt make the skimmer, so in no way am i bashing you, your customer service is #1. But i cant call Klause or Royal Exclusive myself so i need to vent somewhere and seek for help here..
Once again, Thank you

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15698109#post15698109 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jeremy B.
Microbubbles will not be fixed by anything other than decreasing the air draw, and increasing the water flow.

Jeremy what is the logic or theory behind that? It is my understanding that if you increase waterflow the bubbles will not be able to separate from the water column (think the swirling in a seaclone) and they will still blow microbubbles out, klaus said the pumps have a 1:2 air to water ratio, increasing it to 1:3 wont stop the bubbles increasing the base diameter or using a pump with closer to 1:1 will help. If you do reduce the air you wont be able to build foam in that large neck.

the 1500 motorblock on a 7" base diameter skimmer is the issue IMO you can try to fix it by using less pins or shorter pins but then you reduce friction and get the surging.

Mine has the 1000 too.

P7165695.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15699509#post15699509 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
Jeremy what is the logic or theory behind that? It is my understanding that if you increase waterflow the bubbles will not be able to separate from the water column (think the swirling in a seaclone) and they will still blow microbubbles out, klaus said the pumps have a 1:2 air to water ratio, increasing it to 1:3 wont stop the bubbles increasing the base diameter or using a pump with closer to 1:1 will help. If you do reduce the air you wont be able to build foam in that large neck.

the 1500 motorblock on a 7" base diameter skimmer is the issue IMO you can try to fix it by using less pins or shorter pins but then you reduce friction and get the surging.

I'm just referring to this particular application. There is no theory behind it, just the reality of it. Have you had a chance to run the 170 so that you're familiar with the physics of this particular this unit? It is a very tricky skimmer to set up, and probably the hardest of them all in my opinion, as you are eluding to the pump being so big for the skimmer that it is, which I agree.

Back