Royal-Exclusiv / Vertex Cone Skimmer Club

The way I see it, we are the beta test of these things. They WILL get the kinks worked out and when they do, I expect to see them fetch prices more in line with the RE products. Klaus, ProLine and Premium will take care of us as they refine the product, or at least I believe that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15660637#post15660637 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bigtex52
The way I see it, we are the beta test of these things. They WILL get the kinks worked out and when they do, I expect to see them fetch prices more in line with the RE products. Klaus, ProLine and Premium will take care of us as they refine the product, or at least I believe that.
Don't BETA testers get them for FREEEEE??? I'm Beta testing MS Windows 7 and I got it for FREEEEE from MS! :D

subman719- "I know it's a "Vertex" but when I read the product description, I felt confident that it was the best, being built by Royal."

I hear ya. That is why I bought the 300. I just can't wait to get it hooked up to my system. I just see it sitting there all lonely.

Subman I have beta tested things in the past and I knew I was a beta tester and things used to come at a reduced cost. However with skimmer's that never seems to be the case everyone gets excited talks the skimmer up even before they have it getting there expectations (really to high). So now that Jearmy is giving you your money back maybe you should just get somthing that's been around for awhile with good review's(good luck ) and I wish you the best. :D

Hey guys please reread my post where I typed POS. The way I read it is I am not saying the skimmer is a POS. Maybe some of you are hostile towards me because you think I said it's a POS and I said the opposite.
Don't we all know the way ups and fedex treat packages? Don't they seem to do there best to destroy packages? I didn't refuse jeremy's skimmer I just feel uncomfortable shipping a piece of acrylic so many times and taking my chances that the shipping company doesn't break the skimmer. It is packaged pretty well but not like a euro reef where it seems you could throw it off a very tall building and it would be fine. I also don;t recall jeremy saying I would be keeping his skimmer. IT was just a test type thing and I would ship it back and he would test mine and maybe it would work on his system. What would I do if it worked on his system? HAve him send back a skimmer that just sits there? In my system at least. To me Jeremy has done all he can. I have no hard feelings towards him or premium aquatics. I am actually greatful he is taking it back. He could have stuck me with it.
Are some of us kidding ourselves thinking RE is actually building these skimmers? Aren't the manufactured in china? At least that is what I was told. I could have been told wrong. This was another factor in deciding to just say forget it. Seems the description was somewhat misleading. I tried for a long time to figure out how I can keep this thing.

Henery the stop thinking thing is not so much of a personal dig as you are "thinking". We are all guilty of overanalysing and thinking too much. sometimes we need to step back and look and learn instead of overthinking. You didn't rad the thread so you jumped in and started thinking. What I mean is you should have read the thread and learned what was going on then you might not have made your comment. Take it for what it is.

Look, it's apparent that you're just not ever going to be happy with the skimmer or the situation, so just ship it back and let it go. Nobody is asking you to justify yourself or your actions, so just let it go.

Rwinfrey- I just wanted to point out that I'm not the one that was offered a refund. I purchased mine at Aquacave. I didn't know Jeremy or Premium Aquatics existed until this thread. Had I known prior, I would've purchased from Jeremy because he IS adding the personal touch and is taken the necessary steps to make things right regardless if we are one of his customers or not, which is extremely noble of him! I think HE is what will set Vertex and RE apart form the other skimmer lines!

The problem Rob, is that you are bashing the 200 in general. Your sarcasm is evident, your admitting to it wasnt necessary. The tenor of your posts is very clear. This, despite the fact that there are plenty of 200 owners with skimmers that are performing excellently. Given the opportunity to try a 200 that was known to work properly, you turned it down. That's fine. That was completely your perogative. But that being the case, your continued bashing of the skimmer is not at all reasonable. And please dont claim that you are only bashing the 200 that you have. Again, the sarcasm and tenor of your posts are very clear.

You're sending it back and getting a refund. You have your remedy. Dont you think enough is enough already? Especially considering the fact that you really dont know whether the 200 is a good skimmer or not ...

What is the overall consensus with these skimmers? Are they awesome or are they a typical "first generation" with kinks to be worked out and the Gen 2 is what will really be awesome?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15662279#post15662279 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by robthorn
Are some of us kidding ourselves thinking RE is actually building these skimmers? Aren't the manufactured in china? At least that is what I was told. I could have been told wrong. This was another factor in deciding to just say forget it. Seems the description was somewhat misleading. I tried for a long time to figure out how I can keep this thing.

I was under the impression these were being built in Germany by RE? Didn't Klaus post pics of some of the CNC mills being used to produce these or was that in another thread?

ok dar. I am being asked questions or commented about So I am simply answering. It's not a bash fest. You obviously are skimming and not reading my posts and still feel the need to ask me questions and comment. I never once bashed 200's in general. I thought I made it very clear I was talking about my 200. Except I think the neck is too big I guess that is about all 200's but that to me isn't a bash it's an opinion which we are all entitled too. underpowered is also only underpowered for the neck size. Again only the same opinion.
Crab as I stated I don't know I was just told by another reefer on RC. ME saying where I was told they were made shouldn't be a problem or secret. It's very natural these days to make things in china. It's cheaper so why not? I guess if they are not made in China someone will surely clear the air and tell us where they or parts of them are manufactured. Again I don;t think saying they are manufactured in China is a bash or from me is not intended to be a bashing statement.

I just unsubscribed from this thread as 4 of you are boring me to death with your constant problems. You never see this level of BS in any other club thread and I spent years in the Deltec forum before buying what is a vastly superior skimmer.

Why don't you guys start a thread dedicated to the 170 and the single 200 that have caused so much anguish. You have sucked the enjoyable life out of this thread.

Congratulations.

Rob, I have read your posts completely. Your criticism being limited to YOUR 200 is garbage. Your intent is obvious and your sarcasm doest mask it, it amplifies it. I highly doubt that I am the only one who can see this.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I may be mistaken but I believe that the Alpha skimmers are indeed made by RE in Germany. Somebody mentioned Klaus stating that he purchased new CNC machinery in order to produce these skimmers or parts of them, and I believe that is also the case. But this is from memory. Something related to this is mentioned by Klaus earlier in the thread (well before the split) if anyone wants to find it. Im sure that Jeremy will chime in during the week.

Nope. We all see it. He's just trolling at this point and I refuse to feed the troll. It's past time for him to move on to the I-Tech forum and let the rest of us get back on topic.

I hope Jeremy gets the new needlewheel from Klaus this week. Can't wait to see how it performs.

Back