Sage's NUVO 20 Build

sageblade24

I decided to downsize from my 29 BioCube into a IM NUVO Fusion 20 after having a hard time selling it.
Originally it was suppose to be setup in my office at work but since being hired somewhere else that was no longer possible.
This will be the smallest aquarium I have ever run so I hope it goes well.

Equipment:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tank: NUVO Fusion 20 Gallon
Stand: Custom built Stand (29"x24"x30" - Stained Ebony)
Light: Reef Radiance LED Fixture (165w)

Expected Fish:
Clown pair (Platinum and Ocellaris)
Tailspot Blenny
Green Mandarin Dragonet or a Goby

Expected Corals:
Mixed but mostly softies and LPS (Zoanthids and Euphyllia)

Future Upgrades:
Refugium / Sump
Wavemaker (RW or VorTech)
Skimmer
Doser

Timeline:

3-31-15
1526394_10153031964102891_3044475358525271725_n.jpg

Sage's NUVO 20 Build

Just got started in this hobby. This is my first saltwater tank that I put together 2 days ago.
85e26fa08c7be2e04b33e1c356b13f30.jpg

Are you planing to get a protein skimmer? There is not a lot of protein skimmer option that will fit the back wall besides the IM Ghost skimmer. Let me know if you know or found another brand that will fit the back wall.

Are you planing to get a protein skimmer? There is not a lot of protein skimmer option that will fit the back wall besides the IM Ghost skimmer. Let me know if you know or found another brand that will fit the back wall.

I do have the ghost skimmer just waiting for the cycle to finish before using it.

I am sure there are plenty of options out there.

The skimmer compartment is 2.97" x 4"

I just bought the API Saltwater test kit and this is my first test...
ec5c461dc7c41f1f6c0e7ba7ef4706d0.jpg

I have a test kit but its pretty old. I am not sure how long they are intended to last.

If you just started your tank a couple of days ago maybe you haven't started your cycle yet. Were your rocks dry or wet?

Looking good! I like the rockwork. I've been wanting to set up a little tank like this for macros, but I'm not sure how to pose that to the CFO lol.

My setup is only 5 days old. I used live sand and the LR is supposed to be in the LFS tub with good circulation for weeks now. 0 ammonia, 0 Nitrite and about 10-15 Nitrate.

Back