Sage's NUVO 20 Build

Well I don't condone it but some people throw a cheap fish in for their ammonia source.

I threw in a piece of frozen seafood.

4-12-2015
11150448_10153063596337891_6292795559890886284_n.jpg

8th day: I have 0 ammonia 0 Nitrite 20 nitrate... LFS adviced me to put a couple of yellowtail damselfish.

I wouldn't add any fish yet just because the nitrates are still at 20.patience is your best friend in this hobby and remember that most(not all)stores are wanting to sell you something. I'd wait for those nitrates to drop by at least half of what it currently is(if not more) before adding a fish.JMO

So last weekend I purchased some 1/8" acrylic sheets to fabricate my own media baskets.

I once made one for my Biocube 29 which was rough but worked well.

I need to make 2 so I taped two sheets together to ensure the cuts are identical.

Once I have all the pieces cut then I will use a solvent to bind them together.

Thanks! They're quite a character... The black ocellaris already dug a crater where he hangs out when the lights are off.

I also replaced the stock media basket with the IM customcaddy with Chemi Pure Blue and a filter floss on the top rack.

I was not fond of the price so I am currently fabricating my own. They won't be as nice but they will do the trick just fine.

Back