OsiViper's Nuvo Fusion 20 Build

Allright, Osiviper, how much will it cost me to have you build me one and ship it to 84105. I'm nearly ready to be brave enough to mod a CadLight

The tank looks great! Keep us updated on how you like the AI Primes!

Would be more expensive to assemble it and glue it than it would be to send it in assembled due to shipping size. Can send it via USPS Priority flat rate so shipping wouldn't be much.

And my only gripe with the prime is the buzzing when it's dimmed

I hope my technical ability would allow me to super-glue those legs in the top. Happy to have it shipped flat! :) Just thankful you would consider helping me out. The acrylic is beyond my skill

Very impressed with the acrylic work on that stand. Looks like something you would pay 50$ for online. Nice job!

Got my fish and coral order coming in from Vivid Aquariums tomorrow! Mixed up fresh saltwater to do a WC before introducing everything.

Had to dose up my Alk a bit. Even though tank was empty and cycling, something ate up the alkalinity. Tested all water parameters pre water change and my alkalinity was about 5.4 dKH. With water change and Dosing, brought it back to 9 dKH.

Will post pics tomorrow after everything is in!

Good luck with the shipment! Always fun to get stuff sorted and placed in it's new home. Enjoy! Looking forward to pics.

I like how the tank is coming along thus far. I just picked up the same tank over the weekend and hope it all works out. It's my first time doing a tank this small. I currently have a 80g that's mainly sps and having trouble with some LPS. This tank will be for everything I want to have but can't because of the clean water in the sps system. I'll be following along, to get some ideas from you, already liked what you did with the skimmer. Hope to get more ideas from you.

FTS
5849b6c55876b69eabd757a582b71162.jpg

Yellow watchman goby and purple Firefish behind it.
c56dae316094ee4fcef9dcf670db7c7a.jpg

Goby and tiger pistol shrimp
f124b9a8de36521795dc0e2d7b48881d.jpg

Ricordea Florida mushrooms
f0dc8d05e09d01ce96125293c343ee84.jpg

Purple Ricordea Yuma colony
c4c521c5b1aa69be15e677241ab32457.jpg

Purple tip frogspawn
8246e4a3ab3ff68ea1fce712e0939843.jpg

Zoa Colony and Tail Spot blenny hiding underneath (difficult to see)
26debfe8d205733327e7414c0c721303.jpg

Orange zoas
307d71723232a393c9ae6a34371a258c.jpg

Green Duncan colony, 5-8 heads
495f2365df61046eb0ff5bfd84a91d80.jpg

Green toadstool
66ca6a28d1a3808b24f9a7a741e0d4d5.jpg

Hah.... You and I definitely got the same taste in reef. I just got myself a firefish, zoas and duncan. I am also eyeing acan and yiruma. Will reserve top spot for sps. I also have some CUC. 2 nassarius, 1 nerite, 2 cerith, 2 dwarf blue leg hermits. I will probably add a taispot blenny and two clowns. Adding shrimp and goby pair might be pushing my limit after these guys.

Been debating switching out my 2 Primes and going with a ATI Sunpower 24" setup. Just like the colors under a T5 a lot more

Well sad update. My Yellow goby was missing for 2 days. Finally found him today on the floor behind the tank.

So far that is my only complaint with this tank, the lid. My Fusion 40 has a lid with almost no gap around the sides. The Fusion 20 lid seems 0.5-1" too small in all directions for the tank.

Yeah. T5 are amazing. But the price for the bulbs is killer. Let me know if you part out with prime. Btw, i have problem with my duncan closing. How much did you set ur prime at max?

Duncan was fine with primes up to about 60. But I had to back them down to about 30 because Ricordea Yuma was closing up.

Yeah. T5 are amazing. But the price for the bulbs is killer. Let me know if you part out with prime. Btw, i have problem with my duncan closing. How much did you set ur prime at max?
And honestly $80 in bulbs every 8-10 months isn't bad. I spend a lot more than that on salt.

T5 would get expensive of you're running a 8x60 fixture.

I am trying acclimation effect on my AI to bring down to 50 percent. I had mine up to 75 since i only have one prime. Duncan was fine for a week then started closing up for two days. I was tight on budget and that was the reason for the prime. Hydra26 or radion xr15 would be the first choice if not for financial issue. I used to keep planted tanks and replacing new bulbs stress livestocks even on fresh side. But the color under T5 tubes is simply amazing.

I am trying acclimation effect on my AI to bring down to 50 percent. I had mine up to 75 since i only have one prime. Duncan was fine for a week then started closing up for two days. I was tight on budget and that was the reason for the prime. Hydra26 or radion xr15 would be the first choice if not for financial issue. I used to keep planted tanks and replacing new bulbs stress livestocks even on fresh side. But the color under T5 tubes is simply amazing.
Yea. It's best to replace one a week over the course of a month. So it's not all at once

Back