Salt Water Mixing Stations Let's See Them

It would be nice if you can say where you purchased all the parts from. The part #'s would be EXTRA NICE :D

I agree. I have some info and will post later. I started this thread on the fly at work. :). Hopefully rupes reef will chime in because his is one of the nicest well thought out ones I've seen.

ricwilli:

There is a guy in Jersey selling 55 gallon drums...His name is Jesse. I think he also sells smaller drums as well.

I've been meaning to pick up some from him but got real busy. ...

Pm me for details..

Kc350twin: thanks for starting this thread....and I see you are an ATB conehead like myself.....

I've got a sweet set up for changing water that involves turning some valves, flipping three switches, and then dumping in a bag of salt. 2 hours later, I turn one more valve and the system is back running as usual, although it can be left offline indefinitely without interrupting anything. I'm sorry, I know the description isn't much help, but I can't post pictures or scan in a diagram until I get back from MACNA.

As far as containers, the ones I used are rectangular, so they make more efficient use of space when the two are set up next to each other. Each container is 55 gallons. I'll post some links when I get back.

I run two of these below for a RODI storage system. I have one in the laundry room on the first floor where the RODI unit is and one in the Fish room on the second floor. I run a Mag 18 to pump the water from one tank to the other. My back just couldn't carry water up the steps any longer.

1zzz014-1.jpg~original

1zzz017-1.jpg~original

55Gal square flat bottom.

http://www.plastic-mart.com/class.php?item=913

Here is my mobile water change station. Two 10gal. Vittles Vaults on a ghetto Harbor Freight cart. Heaters and power heads. One new water container and one waste water. once I pump the waste out I pump the new in then roll it to the closest bathroom and empty it.

1zzz013.jpg~original

I want to do a system like Los's but at the moment and the current location of the tank it is not feasible. My next tank will be against the wall that backs up to the guest bedroom closet and it will be my sump/water station area.

Kc3

Last edited by a moderator:
unbreakable- the bulkheads come with them and is a nice added feature for sure.

Free shipping is hard to beat. I bought these from a friend of Los's locally. Thank goodness.

I'm trying to get some other people with these systems to chime in. This section of RC is not the most visited.

I'm along for the ride. I'm currently setting up a 90gal with sump in the basement. I will also be looking to set up some sort of water storage system combined with a ATO.
Man those storage tanks are expensive! I guess everything for this hobby is :(

Kc,

Have you had any phosphate leach from those containers? A friend of mine bought a larger circular flat bottom tank and it leaches phosphate. The longer the water sits the higher it gets. I contacted the company and everything for him but got not a whole lot of feed back. Did you do anything other than rinse it before use?

I haven't had any measurable phosphate in any of them. I have seen the recent thread on this issue and have been wondering. I'm more worried about my refuge and ato containers. They are small Rubbermaid trash cans. I will try and measure the water for po4 tonight or tomorrow.

I just tested for Po4 in my main upstairs storage tank and the results are zero. The water in there has been sitting for a week or two.

Back