sand input

nataz

I'm tring to find out if tropical sand made by pavestone co. is safe to use in aquariums? I read on google that if it is safe for kids than yes it is safe to use in a sw tank but not a fw, because it would raise ph lv's. I also read that this is the same company that makes downsouth ,but i looked on there site and i cant find anything to support this. So if anyone know or uses this please let me know. THANKS!!!!!

Take a close look at the sand. Southdown sand is called oolithic. That means instead of a sharp, jagged, crystaline structure like silicone sand, southdown forms tiny round balls.

If you aren't sure, bring a bag to the meeting this Saturday and we can take a look.

By the way, where did you find this sand?

And, if you strike you with this source/brand, Chris with the club has a bunch of extra bags of Southdown. He will probably be bringing some to the meeting as well.

i found the sand at home depot in monroeville they have one thats called sandbox sand another thats called desert sand. 50lbs for 5.63 i think 5 something.I will take a look at it closer i have a open bag downstairs i used for a base for my pond. hmmm i know some got in the water but didnt kill any fish, but it was les that 20lbs.

what time does the meeting start saturday? i work every sat and theres only 2 of u in so we try not to take off.

I am going to try and make it to the meeting on Saturday so I can join. I would like to get a bag of southdown as well. Hope to see you Saturday.

I will try to make i get home around 5:30 and i will have to run it past my lady she pregnant and still not happy with me coming home with a 220. SO!! we will have to see, hopefully she not in one of her moods,it would be nice to meet and talk to people face to face that enjoy the same hobbie..

Nataz- just bring some ice cream home and she'll love you. It worked for me- Dairy Queen personel new my car by sight. Just a thought.

Back