SC Aquariums Owners Thread

Can someone recommend me a sump that would fit under the 66 gallon stand and have ample room for a fuge. I was looking at the triton34 but I'm pretty sure that's too big.

Also, does anyone have a 66 drilled for the synergy ghost overflow? I was curious to see how much room is left on both side on the back for light mounts.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For those that have the 50 gallon with wood stand, what are the interior dimensions? Specifically looking if a Trigger 20C sump (20x20x15) would fit in there.

Thanks

Added a maxima clam yesterday
e6f974e8c8bcd379bc68cc457ec1d5bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just purchased a 100 gallon Eurobraced Tank

Just purchased a 100 gallon Eurobraced Tank

Just bought the 100 gallon Eurobraced tank (48x20x24) with sump, skimmer and return pump. Steve was really great to deal with. It should be arriving sometime tomorrow. I'm still a ways a way from actually being able to put water in the tank.

I also picked up a pair of Tunze 6105's and the 7096 controller off of Craigslist. Planning on lighting it up with the Reefbreeder Photon V2+. Need to order some base rock from ReefCleaners and seed it with some live rock from my LFS. Getting pretty excited. I'm sure I'll be tapping into the thread from some advice and 'how to' on setting the tank/sump up.

Looking forward to it!

PK

Thanks to all that posted their experience and advice in this thread.. getting back I. The hobby very slowly after a pretty successful mixed reef 75g 8-10years ago. I have decided that the sca120gallon is what I want drilled for a synergy 16” bean overflow. I don’t like a low water line and the thought of having to maintain that 2”s or risk it looking nasty up top. I do love rimless, so confused as to options

Does anyone use the SC Sump? It's massive. Do you guys use the media that was included with the sump (bioballs)? This may be a pretty basic question, but how do you orient the sump? Like, is the return pump in the last chamber after the 2 baffles? Do you put the skimmer in the 3rd chamber right before the return?

Question about the SC provided return pump

Question about the SC provided return pump

So, it appears the outlet on the PH-3000 pump that's included with the SC aquariums has a 1/2" outlet. It comes with an 1/2" barbed adapter, however all the plumbing included is 1" flex tubing. I asked Steve and he sent some pictures on how the tubing should be fashioned, but it doesn't seem like it would provide the greatest seal (see pics). Basically, it looks like he says to use zip ties to secure the 1" tubing to the 1/2" barbed outlet? What solutions do you guys have? I'd like to use 1" PVC tubing all around.

Help!

PK

I'd say mine is successful as I can make a grand or 2 in frags ever couple months...adding frag growout tanks in December to expedite that as well.
28e41498729b4bfe1ebe9bb0f6030ae7.jpg
b8d123002eb8eb2564666c4611b01e44.jpg
7b2df0bacc2c04100e4eac8fd951eec7.jpg
4cc68444ebc6cb7f58c5ad7a3d3b22fe.jpg
2cdee799e9e379106a9f988dd692fbd0.jpg
920240be501d3d35f93285b7b3ca10ce.jpg

Thank you for the reply and pictures to back it up. Your acros and tank look great!

I will however not it is only the tank l, stand, and canopy from SCA. I have a build thread detailing everything else but I use nothing else from sca. From custom sump, to slide out t5 lighting, auto water changes, and calcium reactor I am FAR from a stock all in stand setup.

Hey all just got an SC aquariums 80 cube and will be selling my 4ft 90 gallon. The cube fit better in my new house and I got a smoking deal. Got the stand, tank, sump, skimmer, return pump for 350. Which is about 1500 off new so couldn't pass up.

Already transferred my fish and rock and bought a new radion. Just waiting for the clouding to clear so I can see to organize the rock.

Been looking at pics on here and think I have the sump right but wanted to confirm? It's different than my 90 sump which had 3 Chambers. So I put the return pump in the far right big chamber, nothing at moment in the middle big chamber, skimmer to left in small front chamber and the drain hose and bio balls(which I'm going to remove) are behind the sump in the rear left chamber. Does this sound correct?

Back