SC Aquariums Owners Thread

Hey all just got an SC aquariums 80 cube and will be selling my 4ft 90 gallon. The cube fit better in my new house and I got a smoking deal. Got the stand, tank, sump, skimmer, return pump for 350. Which is about 1500 off new so couldn't pass up.

Already transferred my fish and rock and bought a new radion. Just waiting for the clouding to clear so I can see to organize the rock.

Been looking at pics on here and think I have the sump right but wanted to confirm? It's different than my 90 sump which had 3 Chambers. So I put the return pump in the far right big chamber, nothing at moment in the middle big chamber, skimmer to left in small front chamber and the drain hose and bio balls(which I'm going to remove) are behind the sump in the rear left chamber. Does this sound correct?
I'm no expert, but this is how I have my 100 SCA sump setup
Bio balls and floss setup on the left, skimmer, heater, refugium, return
a7bebf0ec173a696074d4babbe7a000a.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I'm no expert, but this is how I have my 100 SCA sump setup
Bio balls and floss setup on the left, skimmer, heater, refugium, return
a7bebf0ec173a696074d4babbe7a000a.jpg

Thanks! Looks about like I did. My sump is a bit different with 4 total Chambers. Two on the right being bigger and the last one on left split into two making 4. But we did basically the same

I have the 80cube from SCA and stock sump that came with it. I did not like their layout, so I cut all the baffles out, and redid them for my liking.

The 4 chamber layout made no sense to me at all.

Original layout:
BMTXPYAl.jpg

How I remade it:
Hd5TdUyl.jpg

I have the 80cube from SCA and stock sump that came with it. I did not like their layout, so I cut all the baffles out, and redid them for my liking.

The 4 chamber layout made no sense to me at all.

Original layout:
BMTXPYAl.jpg

How I remade it:
Hd5TdUyl.jpg

That looks good nice and clean! I'm probably too busy with a house remodel at this point to change it up so I'll stick with how it is. I agree though kind of odd especially with the upper baffles so everything flows under the left chamber.

I'll check out your build. I'm struggling to come up with a rock design I like. Torn between two piles with a gap down middle or sort of an M shape with a cool really tall rock i have in the middle. I had the M in my 90.

I just purchased a 150, stand and canopy. It was pretty difficult to get in touch with scaquariums to begin with and now I can't get a hold of anyone and haven't had email responded to either. Anyone else have trouble getting in contact with these guys or customer service?

I just purchased a 150, stand and canopy. It was pretty difficult to get in touch with scaquariums to begin with and now I can't get a hold of anyone and haven't had email responded to either. Anyone else have trouble getting in contact with these guys or customer service?
The only time I had trouble getting in touch with Steve was over the weekend. He was pretty good about answering the phone and responding to email. Typically, the responses were late at night as they're on the west coast. I have zero regrets purchasing from them.

SC Aquarium

SC Aquarium

I'm starting a stand build over Christmas break and upgrading my 75 gallon Marine Land to a SCA 120 and just cannot wait. Looking forward to and dreading the build and moving the 75 gallon tank out.

I need to find a buyer for the 75!

Pictures soon

Hey, so I’m considering getting a 66 from SCA but I’m confused by the overflow section a bit. It appears that there are slots down toward the bottom of the overflow, as well as the top weirs. Wouldn’t the bottom ones cause a sump overflow during a power outage? What am I missing?

The bottom slits are only in the acrylic that covers the glass overflow. It's to prevent water from going stagnant between the glass overflow, and the acrylic that wraps it.

I see, so it’s a sandwiched construction of glass and acrylic and the glass backing is solid if I’m understanding correctly. Why is it double walled like that? Thanks!

Glass is see through and black acrylic isn't. Also you can't silicone acrylic to glass and expect it to hold water. Hence the glass to glass construction and the black acrylic to "pretty" it up.

Does anyone here have 2 corners of their tank that don't compress the foam as much as the other two? My 150 seems to be resting more on the front left and back right corners, and I KNOW that the stand top is flat/coplanar. Would love if others could check their tanks out. Thanks guys

Hey guys.

I ordered a 66 gallon SCA with the "rustic" stand. I noticed the bottom of the stand sits on a base of wooden pieces. However what worries me is the wood piece on the back side of the stand is missing. The bottom looks basically like: |_|. I can take a picture if it helps. Just wondering if this is safe to put a 66 gallon tank on. Did your stand come like this too?

Thanks

Just received my 100 long. Is the overflow cover optional? Because it did not bring one. Only ordered the tank it looks great but the acrylic on the overflow is not perfect.its not perfectly square

I just ordered one today! It's going to replace my 75 gallon.

150 drilled for the Shadow overflow. Steve was very good at answering all my questions right away. Very pleased so far with the customer service.
Should be shipping last week of October!

Super excited!

So I picked up a 66g setup with SCA sump. The baffles are a bit short. Has anyone ran into flowback issues with outrages if you just raise the sump level with your ato? The baffles are only 6.5” tall but most skimmers recommend 8-10” water depth.

I am highly considering getting the 88 Gallon cube (32 x 24)
Has anyone else purchased this size set up? If so, I have a question about the area below the tank (sump). The stand is 36" high. How mu ch room is left under that sump to do maintenance? Can anyone post a picture of their set up, assuming you used the sump that came in the package

Back