Poly Filters
Aquamaxx Phosphate Granular Ferricoxide Filter media GFO 2 LBS
ATI Lab Test kit for ICP-OSE Complete WaterAnalysis
Vertex Rx-U 1.5 Media reactor

...and the following corals:
Violet Femmes Acro(2)
Joe the Coral Acro
Frogskin Acro

Hopefully someone will have some knowledge of dosing vibrant aquarium cleaner and what to expect when using it.

What specific issues did you guys encounter with the dry rock? Was it new or previously used? Did you seed bacteria and introduce a source of ammonia? What specific problems did you have with water quality? Elevated nitrates and phosphates? Algae issues?

It's nothing as precise as that.

This is my first dry rock reef of several over the years.

I did save a grip of money but as far as pests go, got my first bobbit worm ever in this tank

I'm comeing up on 6 months with saltwater in the tank and it's just now seeming to settle down. I'm just starting to get some corraline algae in the places I don't want it and the rock is about 40% covered.

I have had every pest algae pandemic with the exception of bryopsis. Great, now I'll get that too :(

I think it's a matter of biodiversity. It's not like things are dying, it's just that nothing is flourishing. I expect that if I can avoid crashing the system in the next 6 months I'll see that start to happen.

I also started with a few pounds of cured live rock from my biocube.

It's nothing as precise as that.

This is my first dry rock reef of several over the years.

I did save a grip of money but as far as pests go, got my first bobbit worm ever in this tank

I'm comeing up on 6 months with saltwater in the tank and it's just now seeming to settle down. I'm just starting to get some corraline algae in the places I don't want it and the rock is about 40% covered.

I have had every pest algae pandemic with the exception of bryopsis. Great, now I'll get that too :(

I think it's a matter of biodiversity. It's not like things are dying, it's just that nothing is flourishing. I expect that if I can avoid crashing the system in the next 6 months I'll see that start to happen.

I also started with a few pounds of cured live rock from my biocube.

How long did you cure the rock before you placed it in the tank?

There’s about 125 pounds. About 3 pounds was live rock. About 22 pounds dry butwas in my BC29 for several months. About 100#s of it I bought from an old tank that had been taken down years ago and I bleached it for about a week with a powerhead and 5 gal of Clorox in a brute then a few days in Fresh water and several flashings. It went straight in the tank so I guess you could say it cured for about a month while the tank cycled.

I’ve got about 150 lbs of BRS dry Pukani that has been curing in a trash can. I’m hoping 2 -3 months will be enough time but I’m starting to worry based on everyone’s comments.

It get can get confusing when people mention curing, bleach and muriatic acid as one.

I would say curing the rock is having it in saltwater with bacteria, pump running and a wood airstone to aerate. Aeration should help establish the bacteria quicker.

Bleach and muriatic acid as a first step cleaning to get the bulk of the crud off.

I've got about 150 lbs of BRS dry Pukani that has been curing in a trash can. I'm hoping 2 -3 months will be enough time but I'm starting to worry based on everyone's comments.

Don't worry, it's just what it is. It's not like a schoobus full of kids driveing off a cliff, it's just some reefing setbacks.

Back