SCMAS Meeting Friday June 20th

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12777372#post12777372 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by laverda
The D-D bucket of salt I mixed up tested at 8.5 ALK, 370 CA and 1350 for magnesium. I am sorry, but I am not a hundred percent sure, but I think it was at 1.025 on the refractometer. That is pretty darn good compared to most salt mixes I have used. The next closest that I have used is Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
Thanks Steve, it looks like the salt is definitly the real deal.

Greg how many people usualy attend the meetings. I think this will be my first meeting i attend. hope to make some new friends here :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12780135#post12780135 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by savethereef
Greg how many people usualy attend the meetings. I think this will be my first meeting i attend. hope to make some new friends here :)

30-50 or so.... usually a pretty good sized group...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12773854#post12773854 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gcarroll
Here is the info I found on the D&D salt. I have not used it yet but I spoke to someone at the MD sale who had. He mixed the entire bucket and came up with the advertised specs. At least that is what I think he said. I know he said the potassium was tested with a KZ test kit.

I mixed a full small bucket which made 40+ gallons. Temp was 78 deg, with ro/di with fresh 2 di cartridges. My results-single test:

Salinity 1.025 calibrated w/pinpoint solution
dKH 9.5 Lamotte kit lot 068206
Ca 435 Salifert 10-2012
Mag 1275 Salifert 12-2008
K 400+ K-Z starts @400

IMG_0295.jpg

because you posted a pic Charles.. i will accept your test results as being valid...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12783877#post12783877 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bebo77
because you posted a pic Charles.. i will accept your test results as being valid...

Thanks Gabe- just trying to keep my Apatasia and hydroids happy... I'm not gonna miss this meeting.

If anyone wants to update their Ecotech Vortech WWD I can flash you Gen 2 code, just bring your power supply, wwd and dry side.

Last edited:
How's the yellow/brown residual D&D's salt mix has? I heard somewhere that it's as bad as Redsea's. Just wondering if it's true...

I had almost no residual after mixing about 450- 500 gallons of Red Sea when I checked my drum and wiped it down recently. I mix 45-50 gallons at a time. Again it was better then some of the other salts I have used. I have only mixed 50 gallons of D-D, so it is impossible to say at this point.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12783957#post12783957 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CHASDB
If anyone wants to update their Ecotech Vortech WWD I can flash you Gen 2 code, just bring your power supply, wwd and dry side.
Thanks a lot. I will bring mine.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12805630#post12805630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bebo77
did you get my PM ben?

yep!

and...in fact...i drove by monrovia on the way there AND on the way home.

i would have dropped you a line but i was worried that i would spontaneously ignite if i stepped out of the car and into the blazing heat.

lol.. yeah and i have no ac... so that would have happened in the car or in my sweat box, err i mean house....

Back