SCMAS Meeting July 19th (guest speaker: Scott Fellman)

gcarroll

Our July 19th meeting will be held at: 7:00 p.m.

Where: IHOP, 1001 E 17th St, Santa Ana CA 92701-2546

Guest Speaker: Scott Fellman of Unique Corals
ScottFellman.jpg

My name is Scott Fellman, and I'm the consummate reef geek! I bleed saltwater! Much of my life centers around tweaking my protein skimmer, scraping algae, cleaning spills, or figuring out how to unglue my fingers. I've been keeping saltwater aquariums since I was 12 years old. I love this hobby and the people in it!

I've mentored fellow hobbyists since 2002 on Bob Fenner's WetWebMedia.com site, and I was Co-Editor of WWM's Conscientious Aquarist online magazine. I've written several articles for Freshwater and Marine Aquarium Magazine, C Journal, and other online venues.

In addition to speaking at clubs throughout the country, I am a past President of my local club, the Marine Aquarium Society of Los Angeles County, spoke at MACNA XIX in Pittsburgh, and will be presenting at IMAC 2008 in Chicago, and at MACNA XX in Atlanta. I have spoken at many clubs throughout the nation. I'm really trying to complete a book on marine biotope aquaria and aquascaping before this century is over!

When I'm not trying to replicate the ocean in my aquarium, I'm usually surfing at my local beach-my other obsession. I reside in the Los Angeles area, where I've overcome smog, traffic and the fact that I'm the only person here without a movie deal in the works!

Scott will be discussing how to run a successful online coral business.

We will also be discussing our field trip this Satuirday, and setting a date for the fish food workshop.

Remember, SCMAS meetings are always open to non-members. Feel free to bring frags and equipment for sale if you like. Just remember to post pictures so we can drool over them.

Aquarium clubs are a great way to connect with a fun group of people who share your passion for saltwater tanks.

We would love to have you join us.

As always, bring your questions and problems for discussion.
SCMAS members, don't forget to bring your water samples to have them tested for phosphate by Steve Garrett.

If you are interested in borrowing the PAR meter, please see Greg Fryling.

I have some cheep $5 SPS frags I can bring

Green Pocilopora $5 x4
Pink/purple birdsnest $5 x 4
Green Slimmer $5 x 2
OG Garf Purple Bonsai $5 x 2
Green cap with purple rim $5 x4

great speaker regardless of topic. this should be an interesting topic. where is migeul.. book plug here..

see everyone on Friday night

anyone need some purple haze monti? let me know

Sending out a request for anyone that is trying to get rid of some cheato. I am trying a project with Amphipods, and they ate through my ball of cheato already. Does anyone out there have any that they want to get rid of?

Thanks! I really appreciate it. It appears that these pods are some very hungry critters. They are eating me out of house and home.....LOL!!!!

I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveymeister
Sending out a request for anyone that is trying to get rid of some cheato. I am trying a project with Amphipods, and they ate through my ball of cheato already. Does anyone out there have any that they want to get rid of?

I can bring you some.

Can you bring me some for me too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveymeister

Can you bring me some for me too?

Sure.

Back