SCWD help

kpc01

I just put two 1" scwds on my tank return (one on each side). I have an iwaki 55 and they dont seem to be switching. I turned off the bulk head for one side and still no switching. they did come with these small inserts to put inside them and I have on in one side and out on the other to compare.

Any advice? The only thing I'm wondering is if I need 3/4" but it seems like the Iwaki should have enough pressure?

I just put two 1" scwds on my tank return (one on each side). I have an iwaki 55 and they dont seem to be switching. I turned off the bulk head for one side and still no switching. they did come with these small inserts to put inside them and I have on in one side and out on the other to compare.

Any advice? The only thing I'm wondering is if I need 3/4" but it seems like the Iwaki should have enough pressure?

Did you ever get them to work?
I found that, that size SCWD needs A LOT of water volume to pass through it to work. In fact, any time I took the 1" outputs down to 3/4"... they didn't work and were too restricted. YOU MUST run 1" lines to your return, all the way!

Back