Seeking Feedback for SCMAS Christmas party!

Great time.. Really GOOD food. I wish we could have gotten there earlier.. but,, with the kid and the babysitter... everything is hard with a 17 mo old.

I had fun BS'ing... I enjoyed steve tyree's presentation ... he gave me some new ideas about natural filtration that I may try this weekend.

I would have brought more corals to the frag swap last august .. but just did things quick.

I have about 60 frags in my frag tank right now... still fiddling with the lighting to get better colors from those damn t5's.

Frank

Franky,
save those frags and bring some along to the January SCMAS club swap during the regular meeting January 19th.
Chris

I am going to try to frag every weekend to get ready for the swcfm in feb.

I fragged my blue green turaki, ( I have 2 frags of that growing bases right now ).. I love this one.

Didn't Steve's tank on the slides look overfragged?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8679562#post8679562 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frankysreef
I am going to try to frag every weekend to get ready for the swcfm in feb.

I fragged my blue green turaki, ( I have 2 frags of that growing bases right now ).. I love this one.

Didn't Steve's tank on the slides look overfragged?
Dang Frank, you are going all out. I'm planning on taking like 20 -30 frags to SWCFM. I might bring about the same to the SCMAS frag swap in January. Steve's tanks are frag tanks not display tanks. With Steve's business, he really doen not have a chance to let things grow out.

I have overgrowth that you wouldn't believe right now...So much so that corals are competing with each other and I am getting a little warfare... So some nice species are getting moved, fragged... A little stn :(
I changed my flow with a semi closed loop system, and of course some corals didnt like it...

I am putting frags in my birdsnests to hold them there, so they color up..

Dang T5's just dont give me the right colors sometimes.... And I am too afraid to stick MH bulbs inside a cabinet on when I am asleep.

I might frag my white/blue pink tipped tort soon also... Greg I bet u have never seen this one :) The tips have just turned a bright pink, and that pink hyacinthus table u sold me is now yellow with bright pink tips!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8680155#post8680155 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Frankysreef
And I am too afraid to stick MH bulbs inside a cabinet on when I am asleep.

For a free frag of everything you have, I am willing to pull night watch while you sleep.................. :lol:

Ha thats funny... These tanks are funny sometimes...We try to put corals that all come from different parts of a reef including thousands of miles away from each other and expect them all to thrive...

I have a purple tipped valida that I planted a year ago... I totally forgot about it, and now I see little purple tips coming from the base right now.. but the main frag is still brown.

I had to cut my lights down to 8 hrs just cause my dad gum electric bill is still too high... I'd like it to be $200 or less.

So my colors arent as bright.... but they are still growing like mad.

It sounds like the Xmas party was a big hit. I am so bummed I wasnt able to make it, especially after forking over 50 bucks. But life happens.

Hopefully I can make it next year.

Julie

Back