Selling my 400G tank. Complete system for sale.

I remember helping move that monster into the sunroom.
Good luck with the sale Ray. Didn't your wife climb into that thing for a photo-op?

Well the deal fell thru. Buyer had some concerns.

Seems that when the guy built the tank, he drilled and tapped some holes along the edges and used stainless steel machine screws to hold the tank together while he glued it up. Then he over built it and glued gussets in all the corners on the inside. But he left the screws in place. I had forgotten about them until after I had removed all of the wood trim that was covering them. There was some surface rust on the screws in the holes and he was concerned. I assured him that the screws had no bearing on the strength of the tank, even removed one of them for him to look at.
being one who works daily on a steel ship in the ocean, I can tell you that the only metal we have found that does not rust in a Salt Water environment, is Titanium. Or at least it didn't for the 6 years we had it on the ship. EVERY other metal will rust, aluminum corrodes.
But that wasn't good enough for him. But I did have him help me move the tank out of the house. So now it sits in the back yard. Hopefully going to a buyer this weekend.

So I went from this.

To this.

To this 29G getto tank.

Still have more water and coral than that other so called reefer in simi valley (whos name will remain anonymous) In that 29 gallon

hopefully someone will buy your tank soon ray! It doesn't look as big in pictures as it does in person.

I'm working on a deal now. Hopefully it goes thru, if so, it will be staying within the MASVC family. :)

Yea, that rom is 12' wide to give you an idea of the size. :)

hey Brent, it only took me 2 trips to Petco on Sunday to figure out which tank I needed, and about 2 hours to get it up and running, full of coral and fish. I even have my 6" Red Corris Wrasse in there but he's not too happy.

So Corey, what's in your tank?

Well I'm now a Corey groupie. :)
I got two empty tanks and a bunch of equipment. :)
I tore down the 29 and am now tankless. I still have the 500 and equipment if anyone is interested. I've also got my 135 bow front but plan is to hang on to it and set it up in the future. The 29 will be used as the sump.

Well I'm now a Corey groupie. :)
I got two empty tanks and a bunch of equipment. :)
I tore down the 29 and am now tankless. I still have the 500 and equipment if anyone is interested. I've also got my 135 bow front but plan is to hang on to it and set it up in the future. The 29 will be used as the sump.
Why did you tear the 29 down Ray?

Hi Rick, several reasons.
1. My 6"+ red corris wrasse wasn't too happy as he didn't have a lot of room to swim.
2. There was no sand in the tank for the wrasse to hide/sleep in.
3. There was no alage for my 3"+ snail or long spine black urchin to eat.
4. My snail kept climbing up my skimmer out put tube, blocking the flow which caused the collection cup to overflow out of the tank and on to the floor.
5. It was noisy.
6. The wife was mad at me and the snail for getting the floor and rugs wet.
So it was for the best to just tear it down. I took everything to Extreme Marine and traded it for store credit for when I get the 130 up and running.

Any pending offers for the big tank ray? Hopefully someone will take it off your hands soon.

How is extreme marine looking these days? I haven't been in a while but last time I did go aaron was making it look/feel much better.

Aaron is doing a great job in there. It's squared away now. Helps when you have someone who is/was a hobbyist for a long time.

No real offers on the tank yet. But I need it gone so I can work on my truck. Someone please come get this thing before I take a saw to it.

Back