Sending a text message with APEX

thebradybunch

I have my APEX set up to send alarms and a daily update to my Blackberry I would like to be able to send a text message to my son's phone. Is there a way to send a text message with the APEX?

Also is anyone working on a Vista Gadget for the Apex?

I will be updating the AC3 gadget to be compatible with both AC3 and Apex, it's been a busy couple weeks and it remains a work in process...

Stay tuned...

Re: Sending a text message with APEX

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15480642#post15480642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thebradybunch
I have my APEX set up to send alarms and a daily update to my Blackberry I would like to be able to send a text message to my son's phone. Is there a way to send a text message with the APEX?

Also is anyone working on a Vista Gadget for the Apex?

I am stumped on e-mail with my Apex. Any chance you can cut and paste your e-mail configuration from the web page and PM it to me? I know I'm doing something wrong. Did the email debug procedure and sent to neptune support yesterday, but haven't received a reply.

Thanks.

LL

That sounds great Ken, thanks

LL, I sent you a PM

Anybody have any idea if the text message is possible now or in a future upgrade?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15483703#post15483703 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thebradybunch
That sounds great Ken, thanks

LL, I sent you a PM

Anybody have any idea if the text message is possible now or in a future upgrade?

PM received, thanks.

LL

Texting from APEX

Texting from APEX

I have tried doing a message to my phone (AT&T) and it does not seem to work. I can send e-mails to my phone from hotmail and it works fine. I have tried sending messages to my hotmail account and that does not seem to work either. Anyone have their APEX texting to their phones?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15541970#post15541970 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tamu
Yes,
I can send a text to my AT&T phone.

Have you tried sending the email to this address:
your10digitNumber@txt.att.net

How are your other parameters set? I have tried it without a SMTP server and that does not seem to work. What are you using for the SMTP server and port?

I don't think you need anything else, I have mine set up to send an email to my primary address using smtp and then for the alternate I use my ten digit phone number as already described. Have you tried it? Just send yourself a test message using your normal email client.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I see you just edited your post.

Todd

I found the SMTP server from TimeWarnerCable (my cable provider) and it worked. Thanks.

I don't think you need anything else, I have mine set up to send an email to my primary address using smtp and then for the alternate I use my ten digit phone number as already described. Have you tried it? Just send yourself a test message using your normal email client.

Todd

Doest work for verizon. If I copy the address out of my controller straight into my hotmail it goes through right away, just doesnt work for my controller.

Nevermind.... I had a space after the email address and that was what screwed it up.

Last edited:
Back