Should I be worried

jrjonesmichael

I have had my LTA for about two weeks and he is hosted by a 4 in Maroon Clown. It seems like the clown is bullying it. he is pushing it where he wants it and the LTA keeps trying to move. The tentacles are falling off also. i have attached a pic. Any help for a Noob would be grateful.

Attachments

• 299288_2403329635049_1005352481_2834217_2054183758_n.jpg
    299288_2403329635049_1005352481_2834217_2054183758_n.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 0
Lta?

Lta?

It will attach to a crevice in the rock where it can retreat into and get away from the constant harrassment from the clown. You could try to cover it with a large strawberry basket with a rock on top but it needs access to the rock to attach itself.:eek:

It is attached already. I was told it was a long tentacle anemone so i abbreviated. lol. Should i be worried about the tentacles falling off at the bottom of the picture?

Lta?

Lta?

It has good color and looks pretty healthy but if that bis the only spot that is damaged and you keep good water quality it should be fine. Have you started to feed it yet?:fish2:

You'll see better results feeding it frozen krill rather than silversides. A 4" clown can hand out a lot of abuse to a nem so your best bet might be to cover it with a cage of some sort (like egg crate) to keep the clown away until it recovers and gets bigger.

Is that the bottom glass of the tank that I see in that picture? If so, you are going to need to add some sand, at least 3 inches -- can be locally that deep.

I feed my nems scallop. I've never had an issue with them not eating it. I would also cover it so that it can recover.

Does anyone else see white lines radiating from the mouth of the anemone? I thought that was a BTA trait???

i feed mines a mixture some mysis caviar rods reef food i just drop a load on the mouth and within seconds it will goble it up as for the clown beatin the nem up that could be so but i wouldnt worry about those tentacles my frogspawn drops some every now and than and seems to be fine has been for 7 months now

Does anyone else see white lines radiating from the mouth of the anemone? I thought that was a BTA trait???

I have seen those on some M. doreensis with them too.

The only way to get a true ID would be to see the underside of the oral disc.

Back