Should I get a Six Line Wrasse?

avilamillar

I have a 100G reef aquarium with 5 clownfish, 6 blue chromis, 1 yellow tang, 1 foxface, and 2 gobies. can I still put another fish in?

Thanks.

I have one in my 210 and although they can start out a nice fish in the tank most seem to turn from reading on here. Mine will chase and harass almost all the fish in the tank except for my sailfin who has slashed him a time or two. He also has grown fairly large size over time and is the ONLY fish in my tank not to go in the trap I had in there trying to catch him

They are definitely a hit or miss fish. My last one in our 65 was a model citizen....

Last edited:
well... I'm not that convinced that i want to add one now... hehe. I don't want it harassing my chromis or clownfish. I was thinking about getting it because I have seen some worms in my live rock.

I have a 100G reef aquarium with 5 clownfish, 6 blue chromis, 1 yellow tang, 1 foxface, and 2 gobies. can I still put another fish in?

Thanks.

Well, since your five clownfish will soon become two clownfish, you will have more room. Still, a sixline is my last choice to add.

i also would suggest not for a six line wrasse .there are much better choices that would be better community tank mates IMO .

well... I'm not that convinced that i want to add one now... hehe. I don't want it harassing my chromis or clownfish. I was thinking about getting it because I have seen some worms in my live rock.
What kind of worms and why are they a problem?

Get a cryptic six line wrasse they are way less aggressive.

I gave away my last two six line wrasses away as all they did was harass any new wrasses I put in the tank even when the new wrasses were twice the six line wrasses size

just curious, why are you always so negative?

20 years of screwing up has taught me what won't work. Of course, if you want to screw up, then be my guest. However the clownfish issue is a very basic issue. Two will work, more will not. Have YOU tried it?

just curious, why are you always so negative?

I don't want to out Steve's age, but I have been keeping clowns for longer then the OP have been alive. One thing that I have learned is that more then 2 clowns in a tank (( unless we are talking about a HUGE tank )) will become 2 99.5% of the time.

Back