Show me Your Fancy STANDS!!!

Exactly right sister I used magnets. I had to Jerry rig it because I didn't have time to finish it before I went to Iraq.... Hope all is well in the US I am in Kuwait right now

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15573874#post15573874 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rissaroo
My 90g

mytankmar09.jpg
I don't know how I missed that. How about giving use some details on the build??

Can anyone give me the exact dimensions of a 125 AGA RR tank? Also how wide is the plastic trim that the tank sits on? Want to do a 2x8 but want it to stick out about 1/2" extra from the tank so I can attach some fancy trim or board on it but need to make sure there is enough for the tank trim to sit on.

Also how tall do most make the 125's stands?

the plastic rim is exactly 72 7/16" X 18 9/16"

My stand is 35 1/2" with a 2" riser to hide the plastic rim (which is only 1.5") so the total is 37.5"

(click on the red house for example)

U rock! Wow quite a bit off of the 73x18 they say.

Thanks for all the dimensions1

Saw you build the other day but didn't notice it was yours NICE build! Hope mine is 1/2 that

Lunchbucket

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15611923#post15611923 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sisterlimonpot
What type of wood did you use and how did you get that antique/distressed look?

yeah I'd like to know also

swiseman thanks for link..
I 'm looking for over 2 month for new tank stand
looks like i found it. lol

Lunchbucket, different mfgs may have different measurements. what brand is yours? or what are you looking to get?

Thankyou for the kind words. I can't seem to load the pictures directly into the post. Anyway, here are a few more from the side and the window view from the main part of the house.

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15535288#post15535288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sisterlimonpot
Catastrophi
What type of wood did you make that out of?

I'm not sure..ha My dad bought most of everything. I kinda just helped.

Ok fancy stand people. Need some help picking out wood to skin my stand. I'm not sure yet if we are painting the stand or if the wife wants me to stain it. I want to add crown and base trip like a lot of people's tanks and want to use sheeting for the sides and front. Not sure what type of wood to use. At my local Lowes (I don't have much in my town) they have ACX Aracura (Sp?) sheeting, oak ply (3/4"), birch ply (3/4"). Also, tons of nominal boards in poplar, pine, oak, and others. Trim (crown, base) is only in pine and oak.

What I don't know is what woods would go w/ that Aracura (sp?) so my trim won't look different than my sheeting? Or what woods would go w/ birch as to not make it look funny.

Sorry never done a fancy stand and want it to loo nice.
Lunchbucket

First things first decide wheteher to stain or paint then decide the wood. you don't need a really nice wood if you are just going to paint it. It would save you some money that way

Back