Show off your picos!

Toejam-What kind of sand is that? It looks very nice! Looks like you went to a white sandy beach and scooped it up!

Krylon Fusion, you can use it either in or out of the tank. I paint all my back panels on all my tanks black on the outside, and I actually painted the overflow of the 2.5 black on the inside and so far its fine. Just let it dry for a few days before adding water.

Since you asked for pico's, here's my 1 qt. flowervase. This is early on but it's been set up for 6 months now, with no problems. Sexy shrimp, zoanthids, Xenia, yellow polyps, a majano anemone (yes, I purposely put it in), mushroom, and believe it or not, a Anacropora sps coral, which is growing under a 9W light. Note it's an Anacropora, not Acropora. They seem to be able to grow in much lower light. The optical quality of the flowervase has finally gotten to me though. I'm moving everything to a bigger tank I custom made, a 6"x6"x6", nearly a gallon, so I can put a Tubastrea polyp in it.

tankshot040806post.jpg

now that's what I'm talking about. I thought to classidy as a pico it had to be under a gallon

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7913379#post7913379 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yardboy
Since you asked for pico's, here's my 1 qt. flowervase. This is early on but it's been set up for 6 months now, with no problems. Sexy shrimp, zoanthids, Xenia, yellow polyps, a majano anemone (yes, I purposely put it in), mushroom, and believe it or not, a Anacropora sps coral, which is growing under a 9W light. Note it's an Anacropora, not Acropora. They seem to be able to grow in much lower light. The optical quality of the flowervase has finally gotten to me though. I'm moving everything to a bigger tank I custom made, a 6"x6"x6", nearly a gallon, so I can put a Tubastrea polyp in it.

tankshot040806post.jpg

No to the anemone!

Taki- did you have to rough the acrylic before painting? ANd the pain is NOT toxic?? if not i will paint mine today!!

Back