Show us your Sweetest Soft Corals!

here is my softy forrest….

IMG_8691_zps1c0e8309.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_8696_zps0d5d4835.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

wow some beautiful tanks....im upgrading so a 75 soon and was tryin to decide what i wanted and i believe it will be a softie/ some lps tank.

Yes it is a photo photosynthetic gorgonian... commonly called a grube's gorgonian

Wild looking coral. I definitely want one. Your whole tank looks incredible. Great job on your reef.

All of the tanks pictured have some great looking coral.

Yes it is a photo photosynthetic gorgonian... commonly called a grube's gorgonian

I don't believe that's a Grube's Gorgonian....the morphology is waaay different from a Grubes. It looks like a Caribbean species, Plexaura or Plexaurella sp, from the initial appearance. I need to take a closer look to ID with confidence.

Grubes gorgonian is an Indo-Pacific species of photosynthetic gorgonian (pinnigorgia flava)

Hallzo has a perfect example of a Grubes from his post on page 1 of this thread:
attachment.php

Anyhoo....remember you were telling me Big Al's Barrie had the Sparkling Blue Cespitularia I was looking for? Turns out it was the same Purple Cespitularia everyone mixes up for the Blue Cespitularia LOL! I was so disappointed that I wasted gas driving all the way up there, but at least I didn't hit any traffic jams on the 400! .....Oh well.

Good news is found the true Sparkling Blue Cespit from another source so i'm happy :D

Back