Shred5 Terrestrial Lagoon and Fish Room

@shred5 Any updates on the rack system?

Not much. We went from 83 on Sat to snow on Sunday so I did have a little time on Sunday to start the plumbing. Basically taking inventory to see what I need to get and kind of laying it out and deciding what to do.

My garden has taken up all my time we had 70's and 80's this past week and a half or so.

I had to rip out our existing beds and move all soil out and then build new beds and move all the soil back in. Plus for a week I was filling my truck with new soil and mulch and doing about 4 trips a day.
small 1.jpg

small 2.jpg

As far as what to do next. I am trying to decide on if it is the rack system or the land/terrestrial side of the lagoon.

You know I am a little afraid of the land based side of the lagoon. I have never done anything like this. This part is all new to me and I am afraid it might look terrible.
The real challenge is I need to get under it so I need to have some way of removing sections of the land. I also need to have it flow into the lagoon naturally. I need to have access to the overflow both behind the tank and in the tank. I am thinking of just doing the section near the tank/shoreline in like flat rocks I just can pick up if need be.

Last edited:
This is the larger rack system. Still allot to do on it I need to build the equipment panel on here and do wire management.
Water is in.

Older picture I am farther ahead than this.
20230716_170602.jpg

Two of the upper tanks on the larger rack system.
Just added sand to the second tank that is also why the water is cloudy in the hole system.
20230813_150912sm.jpg

Close up of the top left aquarium. Allot of macro algae I just got shipped to me. Flame algae I have had.
20230803_165154.jpg

Top down of my Quarantine System.

20230803_165409.jpg

This is s system I just started the smaller rack system.
This is going to be a macro algae aquarium with pipe fish and sea horses.
Still needs the shelves on the right side. My culture stations for Copepods/brine shrimp/phyto/rots etc. wil be on the shelves.

20230813_135142sm.jpg

A couple quick shots from the Lagoon:

20230816_192239.jpg

20230720_182029small .jpg

20230816_192342.jpg

Very nice corals. How about a fts David?

Hard to do.
First it has 3 sides because it is peninsula style. So that would be 3 Full tank shots.
Also is 4'x3'x16" So it is shallow and one side blocks the other side now the corals have grown so much.
The other issue is there are so many tanks in my basement it is hard to get far enough away for some of the sides.

Actually would be easier to do a shot from above.
I can try.

Is that some kind of branching cyphastrea? Also, I really dig the gorgonians…that’s a must have for me when I get my tank going

Back