Shy?

Roy G. Biv

Premium Member
I added a pair of perculas to my pair of neon gobies about 2 weeks ago. The gobies have stopped laying eggs. The tank is a 20 long and both pairs seem to keep to themselves. Opposite ends of the tank actually. I have read that this arrangement is usually successful and was wondering on how long I should wait to remove them if this is going to continue.

I'd give it a few more weeks to a couple of months for them to settle in and get used to the newcomers ;)

Yup, a 20 is plenty for those two pairs. I know some other professional aquaculturists that do that same pairing in 20's, so your in good company ;)

Today is day 2. The eggs are still white. I keep reading that they hatch 3-7 days. They keep laying them way in the back of the pvc. At this point I can only tell color. I guess I'll keep watching to see if there are any color changes before I pull them out.

Are there any suggestions after I pull them? I also read that I need to setup some sort of light air bubbles over them (mount the tube vertically as air passes through it).

Can I wrap a stocking on the overflow to keep the fry in the tank? Do I need something with a smaller micron?

Well, tonight is day 3 and it looks as if they ate half of the eggs. Oh well. Should I pull the rest early or wait till next batch?

Back