Sicce Syncra Noises

SuperAni

Hello all! So I picked up my Sicce Syncra 3.0 return pump about a month ago from my lfs. From my research they were some of the best and quietest pumps on the market. On immediate set up there was a significant humm, there was also like a very faint churning noise like as if you were tumbling say some media in a reactor. The noise seems to lessen if I put my hand in front of the intake of the pump. I have purchased a silicone mat to help with vibrations since then but its not a quiet pump by far. Just wondering if others were having the same issues. Thanks all!

Thanks n2585722! I'm already using a soft tubing for my return, the sound seems to be coming from like the pump itself, I'll try taking it apart and so some cleaning and see if that helps.

I stopped using Sicce Sycras a long time ago, as they are very nosey. Cheap chinese pumps that I am using today are extremely quiet.

This is what I bought, the 1200 gph pumps. SUPER quiet, and one of the few that have a grounding plug for safety.

Thanks Wildman 926! Wow theyre super affordable too, I might give them a try and use the Sicce to mix my salt.

Back