Sick wrasse

What is your plan now? Something is there lurking . Were they in your DT ? You may continue to have issues if you add new fish . Tough to tell without the usual symptoms.

What is your plan now? Something is there lurking . Were they in your DT ? You may continue to have issues if you add new fish . Tough to tell without the usual symptoms.
They were indeed in my DT. And I'm not sure of my plan moving forward. Not going to add anything for a little while, as much as I'd like to get back to stocking.

The current tank tenants (pair of clowns, foxface, flame angel) all appear perfectly healthy. I haven't had any funky parameter readings that would be indicative of a problem. I haven't added any new equipment. I have been adding frags (mostly SPS, some zoas, and a frogspawn) that all appear to be doing pretty well overall aside from the flame angel nipping at them.

It's a 125 gallon display, so I don't think there is any reason to think there isn't enough filtration or room for the fishes I had intended to keep. Max capacity was the above 4 fish, 3 wrasses, and a midas blenny. The 3 wrasses and blenny all have died in the past month (sick wrasse that fought a long time, one jumper wrasse, one disappeared wrasse about two weeks ago, and one blenny that went from healthy to sick to dead in about a day or two last week). So I'm definitely concerned, but I don't know what to test or look for or do given that I've seen no obvious signs of danger.

I do not know what to tell u , but my action would be not to add any new fish for several months . I put all my fish through treatments an then Qt and observe . I even Qt and observe my corals for about 3 to 4 months before adding to D T . I make them as a small D T and enjoy while they are there . They have to pass my strict standards before being added . It's when I rush or overbuy that I have had issues . So I have learned to put a lock on my wallet

Back