Siemens PLC Controller completed

Im starting a nano plc project. Did I miss a listing of the probes and source for the probes that you used? Would it be possible to post?

My tank is also running on a siemens plc with touch panel

Look for the pics for some impression:lmao:

the top switchboard is using for the streamers and ventilation of the technical room.

Attachments

• Herschaalde kopie van DSC01436.jpg
    Herschaalde kopie van DSC01436.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Herschaalde kopie van DSC01437.jpg
    Herschaalde kopie van DSC01437.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Herschaalde kopie van DSC01434.jpg
    Herschaalde kopie van DSC01434.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
Welcome ETH!
We need to talk!!! I have the same TP and really want to get it up and running.
I want to hear more about your controls- they are beautiful!
Very nice work there.
Chris

Dude, I've been soaring above the clouds. I swooped down to wish all my old R3CA buds a happy holiday.

My twins are in college, no reefer $$, I will lurk and return. U ever get your LEDs up and running?

Funny Charles, I was just talking to Gresh the other day too. Been far too busy to play with any of my own toys. But its good, lots of people with no work so cant complain.

Love your sig line too. Happy New Year!

Hello old friends! Still have the kids in school (thank god), just touching base. Any of u bums start/complete the project? Guess I'll start playing with PLCs again.

Howdy, Charles. Good to see you around again.

I have an old Koyo PLC (DL205) I was looking to put into use on my tank. I'll post when I get that going in a few months.

Wow, if there's one thing this forum does to me, it's make me humble. I thought I was a huge fish nerd before I found this forum, but threads like this prove to me that's not the case. Keep up the awesome work guys, and keep inspiring all of us!

I was originally going to use a schneider PLC system (I'm certified through cummins and have concept and all the modbus connectors for it) but ended up going arduino since other people were asking about it.

Funny part is, now I'm working in arduino and getting confused LOL

I was originally going to use a schneider PLC system (I'm certified through cummins and have concept and all the modbus connectors for it) but ended up going arduino since other people were asking about it.

Funny part is, now I'm working in arduino and getting confused LOL

The first comtrolers I worked on were based on 8080 and 6800 Chips. Programing was done in basic machine code. Completly different code for different chip bases.

Then I worked with much more advanced systems where programing was done in C code. And you have a centeral computer talking to half a dozen on board micro computers each performng there won tasks in unison. Think about the complexity of a MRI system in a hospital.

My last few jobs I got to work on Industrial equipment using AB Rockwell PLC's, Seimens, and several other off brands. But every system had its unique differences. What yuou learned on one was a good bases to help understand others but you had to addopt there there uniquenss. Some times it was easy other times it was difficult.

I have not played with them a few years now since I retired but I'm getting some unique ideas. Lots of my thoughts from some of these threads is why make things so complicated? Many of the functions we are working with in Reefs could be handled much cheaper without PLC's and using simple stand alone Logic circuits. We are not doing any complex math equasions with the PLC's but insted running simple monitoring like if A exceeds a set point turn Device B off if A falls below X level turn device B on.

True, true TropTrea; the whole reason I did this was just to see if it could be done. Back when this thread originated, there was a considerable number of folks wondering if I were possible. I also did it cause I'm lazy; the end game was to develop something to monitor the chemistry and adjust as necessary. My tank nuked before I got that far due to a freak set of circumstances. Anyway..

I hope it has helped some. Gresh, u still on here?

Back