Need Help Removing Aquarium Glass Panel

tygger

Working on a different project not related to my reef tank. I'm trying to remove the bottom glass panel from a Aqueon glass tank. I thought it was held together by silicone, but it appears to be cemented together. I've gone through a bunch of razor blades trying to saw the adhesive away, but barely making any progress. Any ideas on how to remove the panel? I've tried applying acetone, thinking it might be some type of cyanoacrylate, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Any ideas?

A razor blade barely fit between the panels. I ended up just breaking the glass since I didnt need the bottom. After that, the glass shards seemed to just pull away. Thanks all

A razor blade barely fit between the panels. I ended up just breaking the glass since I didnt need the bottom. After that, the glass shards seemed to just pull away. Thanks all

I had the same problem with a 10g Aqueon tank a few years ago. I bought them just to us the glass for something else, since the tank's were on sale for $10 (cheaper than buying glass pieces). I guess Aqueon is unsure of its ability to properly use silicone.

Back