Silly question about my sump build

Zukari

I have not layed out plans but I know what I am going to do... going to take a 35gallon tank and basically divide it up for a fuge and the skimmer.

My question is silly, if my fuge is in the sump wont the return pump just kill any pods that get sucked into the main tank? I am not really doing it for a pod population as much as im doing it for clear water and lower nitrates. but the pods would be nice.

Any feedback would be awesome.

Also I made a post a few days ago about the aqualife pro retro fit kit... some 500 watts all together... IT IS AMAZING, I am simply amazed at how good the tank looks now. Corals literally glow and the anemone has never been better.

Thanks guys, zuk

Re: Silly question about my sump build

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12274343#post12274343 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Zukari
I have not layed out plans but I know what I am going to do... going to take a 35gallon tank and basically divide it up for a fuge and the skimmer.

My question is silly, if my fuge is in the sump wont the return pump just kill any pods that get sucked into the main tank? I am not really doing it for a pod population as much as im doing it for clear water and lower nitrates. but the pods would be nice.

Any feedback would be awesome.

Also I made a post a few days ago about the aqualife pro retro fit kit... some 500 watts all together... IT IS AMAZING, I am simply amazed at how good the tank looks now. Corals literally glow and the anemone has never been better.

Thanks guys, zuk

your pump won't stop the copopods from entering the main tank. Most of them are eaten before they are filtered off also
The trick is to make sure they are returned to the main tank after the water has been through the protein skimmer because that will remove alot of them.
With just thinking about setting up this thread might be helpful:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1349443

As always captain is here with not only the answer, but a link that is useful :). Thanks capn?

Back