skimmer advice needed..

avp

is there a prefilter/ surface skimmer attachment available for the 9005/9010s? For that matter, is there one for the 9002? I'm looking for a skimmer I can run in a 50 gallon tank (30x18x21).

thanks,

-avp

No, we don't have such an attachment, everytime I have brought this up I have been told if your tank is stratified and has a surface film, the flow is not sufficient and increasing flow and surface movement is the proper remedy.

well crud.

On a sort of random question, is there a magnet mount made for the 9010?

thanks,

-avp

avp,

One other option used for a store we supply with open top reef aquariums with surface tension scum due to inadequate surface agitation is to use the 3166 or 3167 filters while not a skimmer attachment I have found nothing better to skim the surface.

Cheers
Graeme

I thought about using one of those, in fact when I first saw them, i thought they were a surface skimmer for the 90xx family. In fact, they look like they might be easy to modify into a form of prefilter for the protien skimmer.
While I'm thinking sbout it, what's your opionion on using a reefpack 200 on a 50 gallon tank? I know it's the top of its size limit, but I'm going to a mushroom,zoanthid tank with a very light fish load.

-avp

Back