skimmer collection cup filling up like crazy

Jamie1210

I've had my aqua c remora skimmer with 1200 maxijet pump for 1 week now. This morning I decided to top off with some water due to evaporation, and now for some reason, the skimmer's collecting cup is filling like crazy. It fills half way up almost every hour! I've moved the cup further up so it won't fill up as fast, but I'm worried that it will overflow soon if I don't monitor it. The water in the cup is pretty clean too! I don't understand why it's doing this. I've tried unplugging it, and then plugging it in, but it didn't help.

Please help!

thanks

Re: skimmer collection cup filling up like crazy

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6927822#post6927822 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jamie1210
I've had my aqua c remora skimmer with 1200 maxijet pump for 1 week now. This morning I decided to top off with some water due to evaporation, and now for some reason, the skimmer's collecting cup is filling like crazy. It fills half way up almost every hour! I've moved the cup further up so it won't fill up as fast, but I'm worried that it will overflow soon if I don't monitor it. The water in the cup is pretty clean too! I don't understand why it's doing this. I've tried unplugging it, and then plugging it in, but it didn't help.

Please help!

thanks

Did you add anything to your water?

Dave

It was RO/DI water with some trace elements ... nothing solid that could partially clog it up ... It's foaming up so fast that the water is clear. It was working well 'til now ... do you think it's still in its "break in" period, and will settle down later?

is there anything in the tank yet? this usually occurs when just water is in the tank, or as sdsheeks said anything added to the water or possible contaminets in the water container like soap etc?

My Remora Pro with the Mag3 does this also.When it does all I do is clean the jet with the brush provided and it goes back to operating as it usually does. HTH

Some of the water treatments can cause foaming. I wouldn't dose trace elements into my tank, personally. It could just be a skimmer issue, though, as stated.

thanks for all the responses. I just checked it again, and for some reason, it stopped foaming like crazy, and seems normal again ...

Back