Skimmer for biocube hqi

Tunze 9002, I run one with the InTank Skimmer cup on my BC29, non HQI though.

Last edited:
I run the aquaticlife skimmer in the first chamber. Works really well after you do the air hose mod

If your rear chamber has a 4 x 6 area you may want to check out the nac qq from bubble magus. Its only rated for 25 but it would work well if youre dead set on a skimmer.
The tunze 9002 is the best for that size system but you would need to notch out the hood if you have one in order to raise it because it would otherwise hit the cup.

I own the hqi system myself and bought the tunze and ran it for a few weeks it then became a headache instead of help. don't bother with a skimmer just a 5 gallon water change a week or biweekly is all you need, coral will thank u and so will your fish and I have a heavy bioload. 5 fish, shrimp, crabs, star fish etc... 1" of fish per 5gallons of water biocube 29 has 20gallons not 29 so u can see I'm over my load easily but the water changes are working out perfectly. no stress at all from nitrates not even close it's always barely noticeable when testing can't even see it on the scale.

Back