Skimmer Q&A Thread

my tank is 25 x 25 x 27 hight inches. i think this is 160 uk litres. how many us gallons is that? and how much does my sump hold if it is 20 x 17 by 15 inch hight water level??

super reef octopus 3000 supports 200 gallons. can this work and it is only 8 inches wide. and whats the review on the deltec mce600. id prefer the super reef octopus 3000 though. will they work in the uk

Elos NS 100

Elos NS 100

Hi Mojo, I just ordered a Elos System Midi tank however I see lots of complains about the elos ns 100 skimmer here at Reefcentral. Do you know this skimmer is it that bad ?

Hi Mojo,

Looking to replace the pump on a WM AS-200. Is the Sedra 9000ho still available? If not could the Aquamaxx PSK2500 work?

Thank you,

Spencer

Hi Mojo, hope you're enjoying Macna. Tell us about the goodies.

What's your opinion on SWC skimmers? A quality product?
In particular the 300a cone w/the Askoll pump.

thanks for everything.

The 300a is a really nice skimmer, Good bang for your buck on larger systems. When it comes to smaller skimmers I feel that there are some better options. But the 300a is great for sure.

Hi Mojo, hope you're enjoying Macna. Tell us about the goodies.

What's your opinion on SWC skimmers? A quality product?
In particular the 300a cone w/the Askoll pump.

thanks for everything.

And thanks I did have a really good time. Got to see a lot of goodies and took about 300 pictures... Amazing really

Hello Mojo. I want a Bubble King skimmer for my 220g system. Are the 200 mini a better choice than the Alpha skimmers?

I would say so. Skims great, Smaller footprint. And easier to clean. Heck even just taking the collection cup off is a breeze on the bk mini. grab and go. the alpha is threaded on and it takes about 2.5 turns to get it off

my tank is 25 x 25 x 27 hight inches. i think this is 160 uk litres. how many us gallons is that? and how much does my sump hold if it is 20 x 17 by 15 inch hight water level??

super reef octopus 3000 supports 200 gallons. can this work and it is only 8 inches wide. and whats the review on the deltec mce600. id prefer the super reef octopus 3000 though. will they work in the uk

The sro 3000 sss is way too big. The deltec mce 600 is a nice skimmer. THe 3000 will not work well on your tank. its too big and you will have to maintain to high of a bioload before it starts to skim.

Hi Mojo, I just ordered a Elos System Midi tank however I see lots of complains about the elos ns 100 skimmer here at Reefcentral. Do you know this skimmer is it that bad ?

well, it is ok really, but it just doest quite cut it for most. Most pepple do change it out. I would try it out and just see how it does for you. everyone has different experiences.

Hi Mojo,

Looking to replace the pump on a WM AS-200. Is the Sedra 9000ho still available? If not could the Aquamaxx PSK2500 work?

Thank you,

Spencer

the aquamaxx 9000 will work. I would pass on the psk 2500. get the psk 1000 if you want a totally differnt pump. I would just get a aquamaxx 9000 pump

I would say so. Skims great, Smaller footprint. And easier to clean. Heck even just taking the collection cup off is a breeze on the bk mini. grab and go. the alpha is threaded on and it takes about 2.5 turns to get it off

I was just worried about contact time. Does anyone else build a skimmer as heavy as BK? Thanks Mojo

Not really, The contact time is fine. the 200 is bigger than most think. ATB is the only other one that uses machined pvc and acrylic. The 1050A would be a good choice too.

Not really, The contact time is fine. the 200 is bigger than most think. ATB is the only other one that uses machined pvc and acrylic. The 1050A would be a good choice too.

Thanks for the info. So you think the BK mini 200 would skim as well as an ATB 1050a?

I have a 60g tank with no sump currently and am looking to buy a protein skimmer. I have some smaller fish and soft corals. I want to buy something thats high quality and going to last, something thats good for a upgrad if I end up buying a 100g down the road.

well, it is ok really, but it just doest quite cut it for most. Most pepple do change it out. I would try it out and just see how it does for you. everyone has different experiences.

I hate skimmers that have to be tunned all the time. what would you say If I don`t take it out of the box and sell it and put in a Shuran Aquaflotor Jetskim 100 or the 120 that comes with the aquabee 2000/1 ?
This is for the Elos system midi 35 gal.

Jetskim 100:
Aquaflotor® with injector.
For aquaria up to 300 litres
Pump not supplied (suggested pump is the Eheim 1250).
Turnover: approx. 600l/hr
Air suction: approx. 200l/hr
Diameter: 100mm
Dimensions: 155 x 120 x 550(h)mm

Jetskim 120:
Aquaflotor® with injector.
For aquaria up to 600l
Skimmer for the use within or outside a filter sump. The pump Aquabee 2000/1 is being connected by a silikon hose included in the delivery. The pump should be submerged at least 15cm. The injector and the tap valve for regulation of the turnover can be taken off easily for cleaning.
Technical data:
turnover approx. 600/h,
air suction 350-400l/h
Dimensions:
diameter 120mm,
standfloor 140x180mm,
height 520mm
Delivery including pump.

Back