Skimmer question

The second and third look like a CSS which I've heard good thigs about. The first one looks like a seaclone, which I've heard mixed reviews on.

isn't that just catalina with a new name? if not catalina, it was another 'local' company who really ****ed off a lot of customers with their crappy shipping and poor customer service.

if it is, i wouldn't trust their product... i'd rather spend that money on a more reliable, used skimmer.

Skimmer

Skimmer

OK, well thanks to everyone for the info. On that thought then, with a 46 gallon, do I really need a skimmer? I have the sump/refugium going and I also have a HOT magnum although when everything is running well I am hoping to lose the HOT magnum. I also have a UV going so how much is too much?

Lorie

There is a debate between skimmer or skimmerless.. i can tell you i use to (over) skim 24/7 and it resulted in very dull colors (sps).. basically i was starving my corals b/c there was nothing in the water column.. i tested shutting down the skimmer for 3 weeks and over fed during that time and the colors came back.. now i skim 24/7, but not as aggressive/wet as before..

also keep in mind the bio load of your tank.. if it's light, you may not need one.. but if it's packed, that's another story.

OK cool...

OK cool...

Well, I guess for now I won't worry about it. I'll keep my ears open for a used one that is small enough for my sump/refugium and put it in there...

Cheers,
Lorie

Back