skimmer question

marschgator

I have one of those wet dry filter/skimmer combos and I am curious as to what your thoughts are on the activity of my skimmer part. I noticed about a month ago that i was having some micro bubble problems in my main tank and that my skimmer wasn't pulling much out. I turned the skimmer off to see if it was creating the micro bubble problem. It wasn't, but it still wasn't pulling much out of the water. I shortend the hose on it and it pulled a bunch of gunk out ( about 3 cups in a week) and now it's been 2 weeks and its only pulled about 1/4 -1/2 cup. Should I take this as A) my tank is clean right now and there isn't much to pull out or B) I have a faulty skimmer and need to think of replacing. I don't even really know what is a normal amount for a skimmer to pull out as I just am very inexperienced with skimmers.

marschgator

Honestly, I don't know the brand. I bought it second hand from my father in law along with the tank before I knew a thing about salt water and I have never done any research on it.