Skimmer Suggestions

Haha, sorry Hugo. Researching all these stupid skimmers has taken up a lot time and I'm getting a headache from it all. I don't wish that on you.

I don't much like getting my hands wet so I try to stay outta there as much as possable. I feed 1 cube of brine a day but it's split between my dt and my frag tank. I feed the corals oyster feast once a week and dose amino acids once a week.

Not as bad as researching LEDs, LOL.:lol: (drivers, colors, spectrum, OH MY!)

Look into the ro XP cone series. I will put them against any bubble king anytime. Cone skimmers are da bomb!

Xp cones are very nice looking but in all my research everybody says it's not worth the money to upgrade from the semi cone. They say they are dang near the same preformance. They look awesome though.

Well, I said I wouldn't do it but I did. Ordered the reef octopus diablo dc 170. Should be in next week. Should be pretty fun to play around with. It's got the dc pump and the reef octopus name so I'll see how it goes.

GetImage.jpg

I went through a few skimmers over from AquaC Amora Pro, Octopus, Elos, ETSS. I ended up with a SWC 300 with Askol pump. It's the best $600 I ever invested in my aquarium hobby. The thing is solid and reliable 24/7 since 2010. It was the most expensive item that I bought at the time beside the tank itself and I was very hesitant based on my friend's recommendation. I'm so glad I listened to him. Skimmers is like electronics stuff, the top seller will come and go every 2-3 years. I remembered Euroreef was the sH*t back in the day and now it's nowhere to be seen. What still remains is actually the pump name and its probably what you pay for mostly. Mate a good pump like Askoll with pretty much any decent skimmer body and you'll get performance out of it. It's my 2cents and I hope it helps.

Back