Skimmer suggestions

nctinter

I'm looking to get a new skimmer and really don't know which way to go. Most important thing is it needs to be quiet. Like dead silent if possible. Right now I have a Euro reef 12-1 with two sedra 9000. It works ok but is loud and seems out dated. I have a 265g medium stocked. I have plenty of room in the sump so I don't think footprint will be a problem. What's the good stuff out there now? Thanks in advance

Just picked up an eshopps s300. I'm still trying to get it broken in and tuned but it's dead silent and pulls a lot of crud. After I bought it I fell in love with the avast marine cs3. I think if I need to upgrade that will be the way I go. I am running a 265g pretty heavily stocked

Thanks for the reply. Looking into the Avast cs3 I really like everything about it. Except for having to build it. I'm wondering if it is as quiet as your s300

I would look at the AquaMaxx ConeS CO-3 In-Sump Protein Skimmer.

I have the CO-2 and its dead silent.

Also, I would never buy a skimmer that has the pump inside the body.

Its stupid if you want to clean the pump you have to take the whole skimmer apart, there is no reason to do that anymore, unless you do not have the room.

That Nyos skimmer looks very well made. I will check that out too. Not sure about having the internal pump. Also I think I'd like a self cleaning neck

I would look for a used ATB 1050. If not, then a new one. Silent, and very reliable pump.

Reef octopus elite 220int is working very well for me. I can't hear it running. In Largo if you want to check it out.

I have a external and I can't believe how quiet it runs and how much it pulls out. Reef Octopus classic 110 ext. They also make it internal too. It's not even dc.

Back